Chapter 90

If you’re reading this chapter, I’m quite positive you like the book. ;) Otherwise, why would you read so many chapters?

If you didn’t buy the book yet, you definitely should! It has new and exciting scenes, no more stupid mistakes, and the entire thing was edited & polished.

You can order it by using this link: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

The link for Amazon is way too long, so message me to get it, okay? :)

========

At 3 a.m. we finally all decided to go to bed. We mostly decided to turn in, because my mom came over to tell us that she would very much like to get some sleep, which was impossible with us making so much noise. When I got back from brushing my teeth, I noticed a flare of red in a corner of the room. It looked like the red that I had seen in Eros’ and Simon’s auras. It had been in Eros’ aura during the song, making him flare up like a campfire. But this time, it was not one of ‘my guys’. It was Antwan. I stared at him for quite some time, trying to figure out what was causing the red flames to dance around his aura. I then noticed who he was talking to: it was Anne, who was doubling over with laughter. I frowned – where the hell was Minnie?

I found her sitting on the edge of the bed Will was already lying down in. She was apparently talking to him about something amusing, since they both wore goofy grins. Will’s aura was lit up too, red sparks practically jumping off him. Minnie was just a plain old witch aura: a sizzling of magic, and a brown-green herby kind of color. But when she glanced over at Antwan, hers lit up as well, Her pale face bathing in the red light.

“Simon,” I whispered, sitting down on his bed. He was underneath the covers, his hair looking messy and cute. I had to focus on what I wanted to ask and not let myself think about when I had still been with him, curled up against him… Oh, he was always so warm, his hair tickling against my bare skin… I shook myself to attention again. “Simon, did you ever notice something red in anyone’s aura when you had my power?”

He frowned, sitting up a little. The covers slid off of him slightly, revealing his bare chest. Good God, he looked amazing. “No…” he replied after a moment of thought. “I don’t remember any red. I remember Eros saying something about seeing red flames or something in yours, but he didn’t mention it aside from that. Why? I take it you can see red now?”

I nodded, struggling to keep my eyes on his face. “Yeah, but it’s not very consistent. It flares up sometimes, and I have no idea what it means.”

“You’ll figure it out,” he assured me with a small smile. It seemed like he wasn’t mad about my kiss with Eros anymore, if he had ever truly been angry in the first place. Simon had always been better at being hurt than irate.

“Sure,” I agreed with a yawn. “Good night, Sime.” I bent forward to give him a kiss out of habit, but caught myself just in time. I changed my movement into standing up and waving, which was even more awkward.

I walked over to the beds Anne and I had claimed. We had shoved them together so we would be able to talk a little before we went to sleep. Antwan got up, wished us good night and hurried over to Minnie and Will. I huddled under the covers and Anne edged over to me, shivering when she moved to a part of the bed she had not warmed up yet.

“I really like your friends,” she whispered. “They’re all very nice. Except for Eros maybe, but I guess we agreed to disagree on that one.”

I smiled lazily. “Yeah. Oh, and except for Dylan of course.”

Anne shook her head against her pillow. “Nah, I like him just fine. He’s kinda hot.”