Chapter 75

Have you bought a copy of this book yet? A real, printed book that you can take everywhere with you, lend to your friends…

No???!!

SHAME ON YOU.

Go and order yourself a copy!

You can order it by using this link: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

The link for Amazon is way too long, so message me to get it, okay? :)

If you DID buy a copy, I will be forever grateful. :) Please tell me what you thought of the book!

========

 When Eros and his mother discussed how to get to the restaurant – Eros wanted to drive his own car while she wanted us to get into her husband’s car – I quickly texted Simon.

I’m not gonna make dinner. Something came up with Eros.

The response came immediately – he’d known something was off, of course. Everything okay?

I looked at Eros, who was looking paler than usual. He was fighting with his stepdad about the drive over, and I could see his mouth twitch nervously.

Not sure, I think I need to be here right now. I’ll come over as soon as we’re back.

I could feel Simon’s distress at that. You’re leaving with him?

Sorry – I promise to tell you everything tonight.

I could feel he was forcing himself to agree. It was amazing how hard he was trying to be the perfect boyfriend these days. No pressure on me, trusting me unconditionally, not making a problem out of the time I spent with Eros… It was almost concerning how okay he was with everything, or at least how okay he was trying to be.

I’ll stay tuned, he texted back. Come over after for Guitar Hero, okay?

I complied and sighed deeply while I put away my phone. Of course he just had to stay focused on our bond all the time. That meant I had to keep my feelings for Eros in check yet again. I really needed to block Simon for an hour or so, just so I could work through my issues without worrying about hurting him. I envied every girl that could just think ‘oh he’s so hot’ without her boyfriend immediately knowing about it.

Eros and his parents still hadn’t figured out how they wanted to go to the restaurant, but I wasn’t wasting my night on fights.

“Eros,” I cut in loudly. “You promised me I could see you car sometime, but we never came around to it. Maybe now’s a good time?” I turned to Mrs. Bullock and smiled kindly. “We wouldn’t want to inconvenience you or your husband, m’am. This way, you can go home right after dinner, saving you both the trip back here.”

Mrs. Bullock started to protest, but her husband took her arm and pretty much dragger her away. “That a great idea, thank you, Deidra.”

“Deidra?” I asked Eros while we walked toward the underground parking lot. “I take it they didn’t know about you supposed girlfriend until now?”

He grunted. “I’m just happy Sheila didn’t say her name when she picked up my phone. I rescheduled four times with my mother, but this time she wouldn’t take no for an answer…”