Chapter 52

TBy now, you must have read the author’s note about 50 times or something. :P You know this book has been published, and you’ve read a bunch of chapters, so you must like the story. :) The book is only $16.99 so go and order yourself a copy!

The link: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

If you want to order on Amazon, massage me for the link!

=======

This chapter is for annqt74. She told me she was gonna stop reading this story, but I hope this chapter will change her mind. :) Everything's possible now...

======== 

After our first session with Eros and a very dull dinner due to Simon’s exhaustion, we headed to the special training. I dragged my ass to Mr. Combright's classroom, Simon and Eros both trailing behind me. Eros had sat with us instead of his usual crew, and he’d been very quiet and civil, making me wonder if he might be up to something. Maybe he was just grateful and he was starting to change... But then again, probably not.

Simon has his arm around me protectively while we walked into the room. Eros’ expression was easy to read – I didn’t need any kind of bond to understand the meaning: he was still hurt that I’d chosen Simon over him. I don’t think he’d really expected us to start dating. Somehow, he’d truly been convinced I’d somehow end up with him. Seeing us together must be hard for him, though I was pretty sure that wouldn’t last long. Eros didn’t strike me as the skulking type.

Slowly, the other students came walking in. Mr C (as  had decided to call him) still wasn't there. We talked a bit amongst ourselves, although Eros carefully ignored me. Apparently, one good training and a peaceful dinner didn’t mean things would be simple from now on. Sam, however, did come over to greet us; she seemed genuinely happy to see us together. She'd known we were together of course, but she kept surprising me by actually smiling when she saw us.
We were just talking about Sam's awful vacation at her parents' when Mr.C walked in. He took one look at all of us and his sour face turned from sour to downright outraged. 
“I don't seem to be able to leave you to fend for yourselves for even a few days,” he sneered. “What the hell did you do?” That last comment was obviously meant for me, as he had walked up to me so that he could use the full impact of his cold stare. 
“N-nothing...” I argued, not knowing what he was referring to at all. I hadn't done anything different with my hair or my clothes and I hadn't been in any trouble since the last meeting. All that had changed was my relationship with Simon, but he couldn't... Ah - that must be it. Judging by the way his eyes strayed from me to Simon, to Eros and back to me, that had to be it.
“Slayer, Summers and Hollow,” the teacher bellowed, “I will need to see you in private after this meeting. Beware.”
“What did we do?” Simon muttered to both Eros and me, but we could do nothing but shrug. None of us knew what it was that had upset Mr. Combright so much.

That day, we mostly had to do some kind of meditation exercises to 'free our minds' or something. Nothing cool or exciting happened. Mr. Combright explained some stuff about how we could all help strengthen each other. He went on and on about support and some kind of energy flow we had to learn to use. It sounded a bit like an amateurish version of what Simon and I did every single day: exchange energy by focusing on each other intensely.

Everyone looked as bored as I felt when class was over. The promise that next week we'd get down to business helped a little.
When everyone’d left, Mr. C finally turned to the three of us. His eyes were shooting fire and his mouth was a thin line of anger. “Would any of you care to tell me how this happened?” He asked, waving at me and Simon, who were currently holding hands.
“Uhm, sire, well...” Simon started, “we just...”
“What were you thinking, you idiotic teenagers!” the teacher roared. “You have no idea what you’re jeopardizing by starting this... this... this nonsense, now do you?”
“Look,” Eros said, speaking up for the first time since he'd walked in here, “I had nothing to do with this. They’re together now, as you can see. Not my fault.” His voice sounded so bitter that it made me flinch.
“I can see the constant yet uncontrolled flow of emotions and power between the two of you,” Mr. C told me and Simon. “Last time you came in here, you were already connected to these two boys, but not like this. Not this... not like this.” He seemed at loss for words. “I take it the two of you became what you kids call a thing over the vacation?”
I nodded, not understanding why my personal life would matter to him. Mr. C was definitely the most confronting and weird teacher I’d ever met. And I had Mr Hammerhead for a history teacher, so that was saying something.
“How’re you feeling?” Mr. C asked Eros, concern in his voice now. Simon and I both frowned, taken aback by the sudden change of topic.
“Fine,” Eros mumbled, crossing his arms. 
He was so obviously lying, that Mr. Combright laughed out loud. “I take that means you feel like shit.”
Eros grunted, not answering. I hated that I was causing Eros this much pain. Without thinking about it, I reached out to him and took his hand in mine. He cringed and shifted away from me, snatching his hand away from my grasp.
“Oh, it’s so much worse than I thought...” Mr. C sighed deeply and rubbed his temples. “You young ones always give me such a hard time.”
“Sir, could you please explain what’s going on?” I asked, exasperated. “I really don't know what the problem is.”
“The problem’s us, isn't it?” Simon guessed, his arm tightening around me. “Our bonds getting too strong.”
Eros and I looked at him like he was a three headed unicorn with blue hair that was on fire – that is, totally at loss. Mr. C however looked pleased for a split second.
“Always the star pupil,” he praised my boyfriend. “I take it you know why the bond has changed?”
“Well...” Simon paused for a moment, “I noticed almost immediately... when...” He was looking at me now, his eyes worried. “...when we first kissed.”
“Oh barf,” Eros commented, pretending to be throwing up.
“You’re very perceptive,” Mr. C told Simon with a little smile. “But I don't understand why you'd go through with this when you knew what was going on.”
“Could someone please tell me what the hell happening!” I exclaimed, standing up. “Obviously, I’m somehow the central figure in this whole mess – yet I seem to be the only one who has no idea what I did wrong!”
“You're not the only one,” Eros countered, getting up too. “I’d like to know what the fuck this is all about as well.”
Mr. C took a step back when Eros got up, not wanting to be anywhere near him when he was looking this enraged. “If the two of you could just sit down and listen, I can explain,” he complied. “With some help from Mr. Summers, if he’d be so kind.”
Simon sighed, but agreed. “I don't understand half of it myself,” he mumbled.
“Well, I’ll start then,” Mr. Combright decided. He gesticulated that Eros and I should return to our seats, so we obeyed. “The first time I saw the three of you, I knew you were trouble,” he began with a sigh. “I could see the bonds between Miss Hollow and the two of you being formed. I told myself I was wrong, because it’s impossible to be tied to two people at once.” He looked at me then, wonder in his eyes. “You must be quite something, Miss Hollow... Bonding with someone is a very rare thing, but being connected to two people at once – that is a very rare thing. Never heard of, to be more precise. So I told myself I was mistaken. When trained properly vampires and some fairies can exchange energy when needed, so I just figured Mr. Slayer was more advanced than I’d thought. Still, it was quite obvious you and Mr. Summers shared a rare bond that could only result into one thing: trouble. You’re too young to be responsible about this. At least, you seem to be – I had expected Mr. Summers to behave more mature.”
“I don't know what this is!” Simon protested. “I only know that whatever this is, it seems to be getting stronger every single day.”
“Wait - you can see this... bond or whatever it is?” I asked Mr. C incredulously. “You knew all this time?”
He nodded. “You have a very rare thing on your hands, Miss Hollow. Having a bondmate’s a rare thing, but having two... I can only begin to imagine the complications...” 
I felt anger starting to boil deep inside me, making my cheeks flush and my hands ball into fists. “And yet you never thought to enlighten us? We could’ve known what was going on all this time?”
“Mr Slayer could’ve told you,” Mr. C replied slyly, “if he’d only paid attention during his classes.”
Eros grunted and shook his head. He wasn't going to respond to that comment, that much was clear. I was still at loss about what was happing. Somehow, this man knew more about my strange connection to these two boys than the three of us did. 
“The three of you are what's called bondmates,” the teacher explained. “And Mr. Slayer should know what that is, but he's evidently not been doing his homework...” Eros' sour face told us Mr. C was right. “So, I guess I’ll have to tell you. A bondmate is a person that’s somehow capable of changing your life, if not meant to do so. A bond is formed the very first instant you meet this person, but the mates aren't always able to feel it.”
“So you are basically saying that Demona is somehow meant to change both mine and Simon's lives?” Eros asked. “That seems an awful lot of responsibility for just one girl.”
“First of all, I’m not saying she’s meant to change your life, Mr. Slayer,” Mr. C corrected. “It might be the other way around or it could even be a mutual thing. But the mere fact that you seem to think that she's meant to change your life tells me a lot about this whole relationship.”
My head was reeling with information – how could I be meant to change anyone's life? I could hardly manage to live my own, let alone be responsible for two other persons. Simon and Eros had both altered my life, so it was probably the other way around.
“It is clear as daylight that it’s Demona who's the life changer here,” Simon agreed with Eros. “The question is, how’s it possible that she’s connected to two people at once?”
“That, indeed, seems to be the puzzle,” Mr. C agreed. “I have never seen anything like this, I must admit. That's why I thought I was mistaken at first...”
I got up again and walked away from the three males that were coolly discussing me like I wasn't even in the room. Simon called after me, but I didn't respond. I wasn't going to leave the room or anything, I just needed a bit of space. So I paced the room, lost in my own thoughts. Somehow, Mr. C could see that I was connected to Simon and Eros... And somehow, all of this should be impossible...
“So...” I started, trying to arrange my thoughts by voicing them. “You can see powers, right?” Mr. C nodded, encouraging me to go on. “And somehow, you can also see connections between people... between bondmates, correct?”
“Entirely true, Miss Hollow,” he acknowledged.
“A bondmate is someone who can change your life, or you are capable of changing theirs, or maybe it's both ways... So that means Eros and I could change each other’s lives and Simon and I could. The guys have nothing to do with each other except that they are somehow both connected to me.”