Chapter 48

By now, you must have read the author’s note about 40 times or something. :P You know this book has been published, and you’ve read a bunch of chapters, so you must like the story. :) The book is only $16.99 so go and order yourself a copy!

The link: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

If you want to order on Amazon, massage me for the link!

=======

Eros’ point of view

Girls can be so God damn annoying. Sometimes, I don’t even know why I put up with them. And ever since I promised Demona not to have sex until I am able to control my powers, I seemed completely unable to enjoy the company of females. Well, that’s not true – I loved being around Demona, and technically, she is a girl too. And there still were some other pretty girls around that I had yet to make mine. It was just this particular girl that drove me out of my mind, I guess.

“And then she said that she wanted to go, but I was like, why go now, the party is just getting started... And then Johnny said...”

Not even pretending to listen to her blabbering anymore, I turned to my side, enjoyed the softness of the pillow on my face and sighed. I’d made a big mistake ever hooking up with Sheila. Being with her was just not fun. It was fine at first – it is always fun being with a new girl. Not knowing what she likes and dislikes, not knowing how she’ll be in bed, it’s exhilarating. But they all bore me after a while... Normally, I just dump them the moment they stop being fun. Irritatingly, I didn’t have that choice this time.

Before I met Demona, I never used to think about myself as someone with strong morals. Sure, I always thought it was wrong my hellish mother cheated on my dad and barely even mourned his death. I never liked my stepfather, one of the many reasons being that he was only polite to people with riches. But once Demona started to talk to me about right and wrong, about not using girls and stuff like that, I felt altered. Part of it was that I hadn’t realized how much I’d been influencing the people around me. But that wasn’t all – I had all this guilt in me, which wasn’t nice at all. And the remorse I felt over what I had done to Sheila made me keep dating her, even though I wished I could just throw her out of my bedroom window.

“Eric, sweetheart, are you listening to me?” she sounded irritated.

I remained in my position and didn’t look at her. “No, I’m not.”

“Well, that’s just great.”

I sighed deeply and turned toward her. “Sheila, darling, come lay down and stop pestering me.”

Somehow, that made her smile. Sheila’s strangest quality was that she only heard what she wanted to hear. So as long as you put a compliment in every hurtful sentence you uttered, she wouldn’t get mad. Now, she probably had only heard me calling her darling.

She snuggled against me with obvious pleasure and let out a little sigh. “I am so glad we’re still together,” she murmured. “Everyone said you’d dump me within weeks, but I knew our relationship was more than just a fling.”

I wasn’t going to respond to this – no way. If Sheila wanted to ignore the fact that while the two us had been in what she referred to as ‘a relationship’, I had been kissing Demona, that was fine with me. It made this whole charade a whole of a lot easier.

“I think I may love you,” Sheila murmured embarrassed.

I stiffened. Crap. Most girls knew what they were getting into with me, so this sentence hadn’t been uttered to me very often. Besides, since I had been trying to cut back on the mind control as far as I could, I couldn’t make Sheila feel less attached to me. I think that’s what I’d done before, with all of those other girls. I hoped Demona and the fairy would help me figure out that kind of stuff. Poor Sheila – annoying as she was, I didn’t wish this for her. Loving me isn’t a smart thing to do. Ever.