Chapter 88

If you’re reading this chapter, I’m quite positive you like the book. ;) Otherwise, why would you read so many chapters?

If you didn’t buy the book yet, you definitely should! It has new and exciting scenes, no more stupid mistakes, and the entire thing was edited & polished.

You can order it by using this link: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

The link for Amazon is way too long, so message me to get it, okay? :)

========

I looked at Dylan with wide eyes – was he seriously offering me his wrist so I could drink from him?

“Well?” he said impatiently. “What are you waiting for? Dig in already!”

I shook my head and pushed myself away from him. “What are you doing?”

“Look,” he sighed, “I’ve been where you are right now. Being around humans right now will be hard, but having some blood in your system will do wonders. I promise you you’ll have much more control if you’ll drink from me.”

I was still staring at him. Was this really the same guy that had told me time and again how much he hated me? The guy that thought I was the devil’s spawn and that I should stay out of his best friend’s life? He must be suffering from brain damage or something.

“The offer won’t last forever,” he warned, still holding out his arm. “I know you want some.”

He was right, I really did want to drink his blood, but that was exactly why I was not going to it. I didn’t want to hurt people, I didn’t want to be this way. Being a vampire hadn’t been too bad until the bloodlust set in. In fact, it had been kinda awesome at times. Speed, a little less clumsiness, the whole aura thing… No, it was not all bad. But this, the I-wanna-rip-you-to-pieces thing… Yeah, this was a serious problem.

“If you don’t drink now, you might feed on one of your human friends later tonight,” Dylan pressed. “And although I bet Anne tastes delicious, I doubt you wanna found out for sure.”

When I still stayed put and merely looked at him like he was insane, he grunted. “Fine,” he said, “I’ll make you.”

Before I could think about what that meant, he had already extended his fangs and let them sink into the pale flesh of his lower arm. The luscious odor of blood reached me and I leaned forward eagerly, unable to help myself.

“That’s it,” Dylan praised, holding out his arm. “Come on, help yourself.”

I tried to keep myself from lunging forward, but him being so willing made it easier said than done. A part of me kept telling me that this was Dylan, Eros’ best friend, the guy who hated me, a guy that was not meant to feed on. Even if he was usually horrible to me, that didn’t mean I could just drink his blood. But there was a part of me – growing more potent by the second – that was not so moral. That side of me just wanted to let my teeth sink into his soft, pliable flesh, to gulp down his sweet blood.

“For the love of God,” Dylan murmured. “Just do it already.” He scooted closer and put a hand on the side of my face to keep me in place. He maneuvered so that the bleeding wrist was right in front of my face. Slowly, he pressed the wound to my lips, letting my fangs touch him just a little.

The moment the taste of blood was in my mouth, I was unable to restrain myself. I bit down, letting my fangs puncture his skin at the same place his had earlier. The taste was not as good as the cop’s had been, but the blood was warm, sweet and enticing. I closed my eyes, fully letting go of all the doubt that had been holding me back. There was nothing besides me and the blood – my hands reached for Dylan, clamping his arm so that I could press my mouth against it harder, gulping down the blood.