Chapter 25

Note: this story has been published through Self Publishing. Keep in mind that the Wattpad version is only the first draft! For the polished version without the many mistakes, buy a copy!

Where can you order a copy, you ask? Please use Create Space, because they give me more royalties!

Create Space: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

On Amazon (but they barely give me any royalties).

Don't hesitate to message me about where to buy it!

========

The first fifteen minutes of the dance were just awful. Simon and I were stuck at the back of the room, right next to the tables that were loaded with snacks. People kept bumping into us without even apologizing. But we couldn’t go anywhere else because we’d have to go across the overcrowded dance floor to get to the other, less crowded side.

After a while, Eve and Drew came to talk to us and they knew a short-cut. There was a back door and if we just walked across the courtyard for a minute, we could enter the room at the other side. Once we were there, things got better. Simon was in good spirits, talking and joking all the time. We were actually enjoying ourselves. I even overheard a girl wondering who the hot guy with the freaky vamp girl was.

“I’m going to get some drinks, all right?” Simon offered after a while, touching my arm for a moment. “I’ll be right back.”

“Thanks,” I replied, relaxing against the wall. “I’ll be right here.”

The second he left, someone else took his chance to hold me company. “You look absolutely amazing tonight, my dearest Demona.” A low voice sounded in my ear, making cold shivers run all over my body. “Gold is most definitely your color.”

“Eros,” I said with a sigh. “It’s really not all that polite to just start talking right into someone’s ear. You could try the good old way of approaching someone at normal speed and from the front. You might like it.”

“I just paid you a pretty nice compliment,” Eros commented with a winning smile. “I’m not gonna get a thanks for that?”

I rolled my eyes. “Thanks, how kind of you.” I looked around to see if Simon was anywhere near with our drinks, but he was nowhere to be seen. Couldn’t I just get lucky for once?

“Would you allow me one dance?” He actually bowed in a graceful and old-fashioned way, his dark eyes twinkling. “Please?”

“I was under the impression you had a date tonight,” I replied, irritated. There was nothing I hated more than a guy who treated his date badly. I once went on a date with this guy from my football team when I was about fourteen, and he flirted with the girl behind the counter at the movie theatre. I still haven’t got a clue what’s so hot about a girl in an ugly yellow uniform selling you shitty popcorn, but apparently, she was more interesting than me. When he made me pay for the popcorn, I got so mad I actually hit him. He swore to all of his friends he’d received his black eye from a huge guy and that he’d won the fist fight – I don’t think anyone believed him though. And I’d learned that when a guy doesn’t treat his date right, he shouldn’t have gone out with her. Guys who go out with girls they don’t even like are worth absolutely nothing.

“Yeah, but so do you and you’re still here talking to me.” Eros wiggled his eyebrows and took my left wrist in his cold hand. “Come on, allow me one dance.”