Chapter 36

Note: this story has been published through Self Publishing. Keep in mind that the Wattpad version is only the first draft! For the polished version without the many mistakes, buy a copy!

Where can you order a copy, you ask? Please use Create Space, because they give me more royalties!

Create Space: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

On Amazon (but they barely give me any royalties).

Don't hesitate to message me about where to buy it!

========

Mr. Hammerhead’s idea of a good punishment was anything but wonderful, I found out the next morning. Classes started at half past eight, so I’d dragged myself out of bed just after seven. I’d only slept about four hours, and it hadn’t even been four hours of decent sleep. My roommates weren’t home yet, so I wouldn’t get to see them until after classes.

After a quick shower, I pulled on some clothes and my Hello Kitty boots. It was weird knowing Eros had given them to me, but that wasn’t reason enough to stop wearing them. I loved those boots.

At half past seven, I was at Simon’s dorm, knocking on the door. Will opened up, giving me a wicked grin.

“I heard you got into all kinds of trouble last night,” he mused, his eyes alight. “Could you maybe wake me up next time you decide to do something crazy?”

“Yeah,” Antwan agreed eagerly. “Let us share in the fun.”

I grunted – how nice of Simon to inform his roommates of the stunt I’d pulled the night before. It was nice that Simon got along so great with Antwan and Will and that he felt like he could confide in them. But would it kill him to keep some things to himself?

Simon ducked out of his room then in nothing but his sweatpants, his toothbrush dangling from his mouth while he attempted to pull on his socks. I grinned and wanted to make a joke about his morning breath and the smell of his feet being enough to wake anyone up, but I got interrupted by a knock at the door.

“Are you expecting someone?” I asked, stepping into the hallway because I was closest to the door. When everyone denied to be expecting any visitors besides me, I turned and opened up the door with a frown on my face.

“Well, well - who do we have here?” Mr. Hammerhead was standing in front of me with a sour smile on his weary face. He looked like he'd slept even less than I had – maybe not at all, I realized. He surely had had to go back to the reserve after dealing with us, meaning he had only just returned to the school.

“Good morning, sir,” I said politely, trying not to show my shock at seeing him here. “What can I do for you?”

“I was coming over to round up Mr… well, Fairy Boy and let him find you, but it’s nice to see you delinquents stick together. I need the two of you to scrub the floor on my classroom using this.” He handed me a bucket, some strange-smelling pink cleaning product and two floor cloths. There wasn’t a stick or anything to put the cloth on, meaning we’d have to scrub the floor on our knees. Great. “You need to be ready when I start my first class at half past eight, so I’d hurry if I were you.” With that, he turned and walked away from me, I hoped to go bother Eros with some awful chore – it wouldn’t be fair if it was just me and Simon scrubbing floors today.

“What was that about?” Simon asked, emerging from behind me when I closed the door. He was done brushing his teeth and had pulled on jeans and a black hoodie.