Chapter 23

Note: this story has been published through Self Publishing. Keep in mind that the Wattpad version is only the first draft! For the polished version without the many mistakes, buy a copy!

Where can you order a copy, you ask? Please use Create Space, because they give me more royalties!

Create Space: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

On Amazon (but they barely give me any royalties).

Don't hesitate to message me about where to buy it!

========

‘Oh, God, I am so ridiculously nervous,’ I mumbled to Simon when we walked down the stairs toward the administration office.

‘There’s no need to be, I am sure you did fine,’ he assured me.

When we reached the office, it was already crowded. Everyone wanted to know their grades. I’d had a History and a Supernatural Basics test today, and I was really nervous about it. Simon had had that last test together with me, but instead of History he’d had a Science test. He wasn’t worried in the slightest, and he didn’t need to be. He was a genius.

‘Newbie!’ I looked up in surprise and saw Mr. Hammerhead coming up to talk to me. ‘Congratulations. Well done.’

I raised my eyebrows. ‘Did I somehow manage to get a B minus?’ I asked hopefully.

He grinned. ‘Your grade’s a bit better than that. In fact, there’s only one person who did better than you. I forgot his name though…’

‘What?’ I hurried forward through the crowd to look at the list of grades. Grondel… Hilfiger… Hollow. A minus. ‘Oh my fucking God, this has to be a joke.’ I checked the list again, but I couldn’t detect any errors or missing links. I really had passed. I’d even got an amazing grade. This was the best news in quite a while.

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my leg, moving slowly up, getting under my thin grey skirt. Whoever thought it was all right to grope a girl from behind was sick. I had a few pretty gruesome ideas as to what I would do to him when I got to him. Before I could turn around though, I felt the hand being taken off of me. A low growl sounded behind me, followed by the sound of someone running off. Curious about what was going on, I turned around, seeing Eros standing right behind me in a protective stance with his frightening, yet undeniable glorious fangs extended. The growl was coming from him and he was actually trembling with anger.

‘Eros – what happened?’ I asked, putting my hand on his arm.

He seemed to relax somewhat at my touch. ‘Demona…’

‘What are you looking at?’ I spat at a guy who was looking at us, his mouth so wide open I was afraid it would tear any time now. I steered Eros to the corridor right behind the office. I could feel Simon following us closely, even before he put an arm around my shoulder.

‘What’s going on?’ Simon asked, his voice full of worry.

‘That’s what I’m trying to figure out too,’ I explained to him. ‘Well, I know someone groped me from behind.’ I shivered. ‘But I am kind of trying to erase that memory from my system.’

‘Eros groped you?’ Simon asked, visibly getting angry. He turned to Eros then. ‘You groped her? I already knew you were insane, but this is ridiculous. You can get so many girls I wouldn’t think you would need to pursue the one that doesn’t want you. Well, nothing can keep you from hitting on Demona. But I will stop you from touching her in inappropriate ways. I may not be a vampire or even a powerful fairy, but I will make you feel sorry if you ever do anything like that again.’