Chapter 92

If you’re reading this chapter, I’m quite positive you like the book. ;) Otherwise, why would you read so many chapters?

If you didn’t buy the book yet, you definitely should! It has new and exciting scenes, no more stupid mistakes, and the entire thing was edited & polished.

You can order it by using this link: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

The link for Amazon is way too long, so message me to get it, okay? :)

========

“Wow,” I breathed when I looked at Miss Canda and Mr. Hammerhead. Right after the United Board had left the room, he had hurried up to her and kissed her right in front of everyone. It was kind of awkward and everyone was doing their best not to look, but I was just openly staring. Not because I wanted to see my teachers make out, but their auras were lit up like Christmas trees. They were bathing in red light, more than I had even seen in anyone’s glow.

“Stop looking at them like that,” Eros whispered teasingly. “It’s creepy.”

I diverted my gaze and looked up at Eros with a small smile. He was standing next to me at the back of the room. Everyone was spread around the room, talking excitedly.

 “It’s kind of awesome that they found each other,” I said, “they’re the nicest teachers in this whole school.” Eros’ aura was lit up as well, but it was more like flames dancing around in and around his dark glow. Nothing like the explosion of scarlet around the two brand new lovebirds.

“The age difference is kind of weird though,” he replied. “But well, there’s no arguing they’re obviously in love with each other. I guess age doesn’t really matter, right?”

I shrugged. “I guess. You’re older than me too after all.”

Eros’ eyes went wide and he was silent for a moment. When he finally spoke, he was both appalled and excited. “First of all, I am only two years older than you, so you can’t even begin to compare it to… I mean, come on, Dem – Miss Canda is thirty-two, he’s fifty-six… He could be her father. Second of all, does this mean you’re getting close to finally confessing your undying love for me?”

I almost choked when he said that. “Undying?” I repeated breathlessly. “You know that vampires aren’t immortal, right?”

His eyes sparkled and he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, making me shiver. “I love that you choose the word undying to get fed up about, when you could have denied that you love me at all.”

“Cut it out,” I complained, stepping away from him. “You know I need some space.”

“No, you said you needed time.” He stepped a little closer again. “You said nothing about space. Anyway, why do you keep sneaking glances at Hammerhead? You’re not considering shoving both me and Simon aside for him, are you?”

I shoved his arm and grinned. “Gross!” He was right though, I had been peeking at the two gooey-eyed teachers. “It’s just… their auras… they are radiating this red glimmer or something…”

“But their auras are usually black and blue right? Black for him, since he’s a vamp, and blue for her, being a fairy and… well, I don’t know why it’s not pink or yellow or anything.”

I started at Eros in wonder. “You did really pay attention during those days you had my power, didn’t you?”

He shrugged. “Well yeah – I don’t know when I’ll be able to see auras ever again and it was amazing to see people glow like that. But red… where does the red come from?”