Chapter 28

Note: this story has been published through Self Publishing. Keep in mind that the Wattpad version is only the first draft! For the polished version without the many mistakes, buy a copy!

Where can you order a copy, you ask? Please use Create Space, because they give me more royalties!

Create Space: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

On Amazon (but they barely give me any royalties).

Don't hesitate to message me about where to buy it!

========

“My God, who died?” a girl with long blonde hair sneered, looking me up and down.

Eros and his entire crew were rudely staring at me and Simon, blocking our way. Eros was looking past me, avoiding eye-contact. I’d guessed he was the kind of person who tried to avoid ever having to apologize.

“Yeah, vamp girl, why aren’t you wearing any of your normal freakish clothing choices?” Sheila sneered, flipping her hair over her shoulder. “If it wasn’t for the fairy next to you, you might actually look acceptable for once in your life.”

“Thanks a lot,” I replied, managing to sound genuine. “That would mean the world to me, if it wasn’t coming out of your mouth.”

Simon was sending calming feelings through our connection: which was still intact, though I still didn’t quite know what it was. I ignored it – I was sick of being treated like dirt and not doing anything back.

“So, are you gonna tell us why you are all dressed up?” the blonde asked, her eyebrows raised.

I had to give it to her, she was right about me being all dressed-up. I was wearing a high-waisted black skirt and a soft pink top with a black leather jacket on top of it. I had on high heels in the exact same color as my top. I even had on matching earrings and a black and pink watch. I had a necklace around my neck with a black heart on it – my mom had once given it to me for my birthday. It wasn’t an outfit I would usually wear – and the clothes I’d picked out for Simon weren’t his kind of thing either – but I was meeting my mom and she didn’t like my usual clothing style. I had never tried to look the way she wanted me to, until today. I guess I just didn’t want to make things harder than necessary by wearing a huge band shirt and baggy men’s sweats. This one time, I had tried to put on something my mother would approve of. And just in case, I had made Simon dress a little more… fitting for the occasion as well. You never knew what might happen.

“I’m going to meet the queen of England,” I replied. “Could you please get of our way now – we are kind of in a hurry.”

Eros took a deep breath, making all of his ‘friends’ look at him immediately. “Good luck with your mother,” he told me, still looking past me instead of at me.

I gritted my teeth and shot him a dirty look – I couldn’t believe he’d just throw something personal like that out into the open. Especially with people like his so-called friends around. I’d thought that in spite of all of his personal issues and our differences, he wouldn’t do something like that to me. Simon had been right about him all along – he was untrustworthy. He knew perfectly well that a little comment like that would register with his crew immediately.

“Oh, are you meeting your mummy?” Sheila sneered. “How sweet…”

“I bet she’s real happy about her daughter being a bloodsucker,” a tall guy with dyed black hair taunted. He smiled at me, his fangs showing.