Chapter 11

Note: this story has been published through Self Publishing. Keep in mind that the Wattpad version is only the first draft! For the polished version without the many mistakes, buy a copy!

Where can you order a copy, you ask? Please use Create Space, because they give me more royalties!

Create Space: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

On Amazon (but they barely give me any royalties).

Don't hesitate to message me about where to buy it!

========

When I woke up on Sunday morning, it was because Paulie was banging on my door. I groaned and pulled my pillow over my head, ignoring the knocking and yelling. All I wanted to do was sleep – it was barely eight o’clock. This was a Sunday – not a school day!

“Demona! Get up!” Paulie got impatient then, opening the door just a bit.

That was against the rules Eve had explained to me. Sam had set some very important rules about living together when she’d come to live with Paulie and two girls who had left school quite some time ago. Rule number one was that no one could enter the bathroom when another girl was taking a shower or going to the toilet or anything. Rule number two was that no one was allowed to go into a room that wasn’t hers, unless invited in. Rule number three was that when someone had a boy over and wanted privacy, she could retreat into her room and her roommate would be banned from that room until curfew set in. Rule number four was that no one could borrow the possessions of one of the other girls, unless asked for specifically. There were a few more, but I couldn’t recall them; these seemed to be about the most important ones. And Paulie wasn’t allowed to enter the bedroom Eve and I shared, unless we asked her in.

“Come on, Demona, come on.” She was almost begging now. “Just come out. You can go back to bed later.”

“What’s the matter?” I asked, the sound of my voice muffled by my pillow and sheets.

“Trust me, you'll want to see this for yourself,” Paulie chirped – and I could just hear the smile in her voice. “Someone… dropped off something for you.”

“What?” I asked, looking sideways at Eve, who had propped herself up on her elbows and was looking at me sleepily.

“Something was delivered for you.” Paulie said excited. “A black box, you know, a jewelry box.”

“I’m coming,” I replied. “Just give me a second, all right?”

I shot into the orange flip flops that were next to my bed, right where I’d left them yesterday night. I looked down at myself, taking in my pink Victoria’s Secret silk pajama’s – the same ones as yesterday, too. I pulled a grey Hello Kitty sweater over my head and pulled my fingers through my hair. Well, that’s as good as it could get in two minutes. I looked at Eve then, who was sitting on the edge of her bed now, wearing her blue silk pajamas with her green bathrobe tied around them.

“Are you coming?” I asked her. “Wanna see what Paulie was talking about?”

“Well… only if you don’t mind,” Eve answered, smiling a little, sweet smile. “I understand it if you want to take a look at it yourself before deciding if you want to show anyone.”

“I won’t get that chance with Paulie around,” I reasoned, rolling my eyes. “Besides, I’d probably have showed you anyway. So – are you coming?”