Chapter 61

By now, you must have read the author’s note about 60 times or something. :P You know this book has been published, and you’ve read a bunch of chapters, so you must like the story. :) The book is only $16.99 so go and order yourself a copy!

The link: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

If you want to order on Amazon, massage me for the link!

=======

 Sam had just transformed her hands into claws, and her arms were starting to get hairier too. With Simon channeling his strength to her by granting her wish to find the strength to keep the change from happening completely, Sam was trying to let the change stop at her hands. Milford had his hands on her shoulders, leaning her some of his strength and willpower.

I was watching them with interest, a notebook on my lap. I was sitting on a table, scribbling down a few notes. As I could feel everything Simon was feeling, I could also feel some of Sam’s feelings, that were pouring into Simon while he granted her wishes. Aside from that, I was able to see what happened to both Simon and Sam while they were working, which made me the perfect person to write down what was happening.

It had been Simon’s idea to put down everything that happened during meetings, so he could analyze them later. As he was an important part in the training with Sam and Eros, he could hardly write down anything himself. Which meant I had to do most of it for him. It was kind of fascinating, and I did think it helped. Simon was the smartest of the five or us, by far. If anyone could set up a training schedule that worked, it was him. So he needed to get all the information I could give him. And I would.

“You look cute when you get all caught up in your job.” Eros whispered in my ear.

His hot breath on the side of my face made my skin tingle, but I kept looking at Sam, seeing how her arm kept vibrating, but also noticing the change didn’t extend further than her elbows, which was pretty good.

“Your fairy is getting a bit pale,” Eros commented, his arm around my shoulders now. “Be sure to stop him before he faints.” A few months ago, I’d have doubted his sincerity, but I knew that in spite of everything Eros had started to look upon Simon with a mixture of trust and awe. He would never admit it, but he was counting on Simon more and more in trainings.

“Don’t worry, I’m on it.” I’d been keeping a close look on Simon, both physically and mentally. He was getting weak pretty fast, but he could hold on for a little while longer. As soon as he was on edge, I’d interfere and lean him some strength. We’d gotten pretty good at that.

Suddenly, I could feel something dark stir in Simon’s mind, and when I looked at him, I saw he was eying me and Eros. I sent some calming and reassuring feelings through our bond, but his frown stayed in place.

“Eros, mind stepping in for a bit to help Sam out here?” Simon said sharply.

I sighed – surely Sam could use some help, but he was mostly asking Eros to help because he wanted him away from me. Some days, Simon and Eros got along perfectly, but I could feel there was still rivalry there, even though it had been weeks since Simon broke up with me. Eros hadn’t been putting any moves on me, unless you counted hugs and tickling me, which I didn’t. He was my friend and Simon was still coming to terms with that. Well, if he didn’t want to date me, he’d just have to accept me touching Eros.

I kept scribbling everything that happened down, but soon I felt Simon getting too weak. I didn’t have much energy left, so I called the training to a stop. Everyone indulged in chocolate and orange juice, while I sipped my coffee. After a short break, we’d move on to training Eros.