Chapter 20

Note: this story has been published through Self Publishing. Keep in mind that the Wattpad version is only the first draft! For the polished version without the many mistakes, buy a copy!

Where can you order a copy, you ask? Please use Create Space, because they give me more royalties!

Create Space: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

On Amazon (but they barely give me any royalties).

Don't hesitate to message me about where to buy it!

========

On Sunday morning I woke up at 11 o’clock. With a shock, I realized I was late for my study session with Simon. We’d agreed to go find an empty classroom we could sit in and prepare for the tests together. I threw on a pair of sporty black shorts and a tight green halter top. Realizing I might get cold, since the weather wasn’t as good as it had been – it was only April – I put a long-sleeved men’s shirt on top of it. It was bright red with purple buttons, way too big for me and a bit dressy. Stepping into my black Nikes, I checked myself in the bathroom mirror. I looked a bit weird, with all the different kind of clothes that didn’t match in the slightest, but I felt comfortable and it looked kind of nice on me.

After brushing my teeth and pulling my uncombed, messy hair into a bun at the nape of my neck, I hurried out of my dorm. Racing through the hallway in an attempt to get there only slightly late, I rounded a corner at full speed and almost ran into a tall, blond guy that was jogging down the hallway like me. The only thing that tipped me off in time was the shimmering darkness that seemed to drift ahead of him. Coming to a halt at the same time he did, only inches from each other, I realized I knew him. It was Kevin.

‘Hey there, Demona,’ he greeted me with a smile. ‘Sorry I almost bumped right into you.’

‘No biggie, it was mostly my fault,’ I replied, grinning back. ‘What’s the hurry?’

He rolled his eyes, the sparkle of gold in his dark eyes twinkling in the dim light. ‘I was supposed to meet some friends five minutes ago. Breakfast. You?’

‘I am late for a study date with a friend,’ I explained. ‘You know, Simon.’

‘Ah, the guy I saw you with last time. Yeah, I remember him. The fairy, right?’ He didn’t say it like it was bad thing, more like he wanted to make sure he knew who I meant.

‘Yeah, that’s right.’ I smiled at him, meaning to say goodbye, but he spoke up.

‘Hey… I’ve been meaning to ask you something.’ Was I mistaken or did I really see a slight blush creep onto his pale cheeks? ‘I know you’ve been asked out like a thousand times by now and you probably already said yes to someone… But would you like to go to the dance with me?’

I merely gaped at him. Sure, I’d been asked out a lot, but I’d never thought an older guy like Kevin – who was a really hot, bad-ass vampire – would be interested in me. I knew it was only because of my new popular state… Or was it? He looked like he sincerely hoped I’d tell him yes.

‘I understand if you don’t want to,’ Kevin added lightly. ‘No problem.’

‘I – erm – I am kind of going with someone already,’ I sputtered, feeling sorry about that for the very first time. ‘Simon’s taking me.’

‘Oh. Well, too bad.’ He smiled ruefully, ruffling his light blond hair. ‘I heard you were going with him, but I thought it was just gossip. Didn’t get the impression you were that into him.’