Chapter 8

Note: this story has been published through Self Publishing. Keep in mind that the Wattpad version is only the first draft! For the polished version without the many mistakes, buy a copy!

Where can you order a copy, you ask? Please use Create Space, because they give me more royalties!

Create Space: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

On Amazon (but they barely give me any royalties).

Don't hesitate to message me about where to buy it!

========

“That was, once again, soul quenching…” I told Simon when we got out of yet another boring Mathematics lesson. Mr. Crowley had looked at me like there were flowers sprouting out of my ears or something, much like he always did. The teacher’s weird fixation on me had shifted to Simon every once in a while, but we’d both just ignored it. Simon had tried to assure me it was just the teacher’s way - we hadn’t done anything wrong after all.

“Thank God I’ve got something fun on my schedule now - I'm so psyched for Vampire Basics!” I rejoiced. It was Friday, the last day of my extremely exhausting first week. “What’s it like?”

Simon raised his eyebrows at me, smiling mockingly. “I’m a fairy, so how would I know?”

“Oh…” I realized. “Crap. I’d forgotten I'm on my own for this one.”

“And it’s all guys too,” Simon informed me, patting my shoulder in a reassuring gesture, making me feel even more at a loss than I already did. “But it will be fine.”

“You really need to work on your people skills,” I teased. “That’s no way to cheer someone up.”

“Your class will be great,” he promised. “I know for a fact you’ll love the teacher…”

I squeaked with joy. “Hammerhead?”

“You know it.”

I smiled: this was going to be fine. I really liked that teacher, he was pretty cool. In fact, I could see him at the end of the corridor, entering the classroom. Crap – I was going to be late! I thanked Simon for walking me and promised to save him a seat at lunch (as if anyone else would sit with me, taking up Simon’s spot). I was pretty much running as I entered the room, making it in just as Mr. Hammerhead was about to close the door.

“Just in time, Miss… Newbie,” the teacher told me with a kind smile. “Please sit down and get ready for a really long hour of rambling and utter nonsense.”

I looked around me, taking in the classroom. Unlike in most classes, everyone was sitting in the front instead of the back. Apparently, Hammerhead was not just my favorite teacher; no surprise there. The classroom was pretty big, and filled with guys, most of them wearing all black. There were also an awful lot of leather jackets. I recognized a few guys from earlier lessons, but none of them I actually knew. One of them was Carl, the guy I’d sat next to in History. I recognized him by his flaming red hair and his toothpaste smile. I am not particularly shy, but I am also not a big fan of a room full of strangers, especially if they are all looking at me like a very fascinating piece of art, exposed for all eyes to see in some museum. Being the centre of attention in such a way is most certainly not my thing. I am okay with people looking at me, but not if the reason’s that I'm some kind of freak of nature.