Chapter 7

Note: this story has been published through Self Publishing. Keep in mind that the Wattpad version is only the first draft! For the polished version without the many mistakes, buy a copy!

Where can you order a copy, you ask? Please use Create Space, because they give me more royalties!

Create Space: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

On Amazon (but they barely give me any royalties).

Don't hesitate to message me about where to buy it!

========

“Ready to enter my dorm?” Simon asked nervously, playing with his keys while leaning against the door he was supposed to be opening.

I smiled brightly, excited that Simon liked me enough to want to hang out with me even after school. It felt good to know I was on good terms with at least one person. A few guys walked past us in the hall then, staring openly at me, whispering behind their hands. I sighed, turning away from them; I’d gotten that all day; I officially hated being the only female vamp now.

More than ready,” I stressed, practically bouncing up and down. “Just open the damn door.”

He shook his head, smiling a little as he opened the door wide. “Welcome.”

I walked into the small hallway, putting my backpack on the floor underneath the hallstand. I walked further, opening the door to the living room and entering it. The room was painted deep blue, and the furniture was black and velvety red. There were clothes hanging everywhere, on every chair and couch. On the table were empty wrapping papers and schoolbooks were piled on the floor. It looked completely different from my own black and white dorm with the many chandeliers, and I found I liked this one better. It looked just as messy as my bedroom back home. Well, guys were living here after all; not the neat girls I roomed with.

“Well?” Simon asked nervously. “I know it’s not tidy or very big, but-”

“I love it,” I interrupted him, being absolutely honest.

“It’s the flat screen TV that did it, isn’t it?” he said, gesturing toward the wall across from the couch. “They always fall for that.”

“Oh, so I’m one of the many girls that have seen your dorm?” I teased. “Why are you nervous then?” He wasn’t shaking or anything, but he was most definitely uneasy, judging by the way he fidgeted and scrunched up his face.

“I’m not nervous,” he protested in a feeble attempt to come across as confident, “but, well, you’re the first one I’ve ever brought to my dorm.”

“Like… ever?” I asked, surprised. Teasing aside, I hadn’t expected this. “Not a single person in the… well, how long did you say you’ve been here?”

“Five months, one week and four days,” but his face didn’t darken like the first time he’d told me how long he’d been here. He just looked at me, smiling slightly. “And no, not a single person. They don’t want to mingle with the faggot male fairy.”

“Guitar Hero?” I proposed, deciding not to reply to that remark. “We agreed on a challenge, didn’t we?”

“Yes, we did.” He pulled two plastic guitars from under the red couch and handed me one. He turned on the TV with the remote and lifted some sweatpants so he could turn on the game. “Ready?” He held his guitar close to him, looking at me from the corner of his eye.