Chapter 60

By now, you must have read the author’s note about 60 times or something. :P You know this book has been published, and you’ve read a bunch of chapters, so you must like the story. :) The book is only $16.99 so go and order yourself a copy!

The link: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

If you want to order on Amazon, massage me for the link!

=======

Demona’s point of view

When I was ten years old, I started becoming obsessed with the idea of having a father. I had no man in my life, since I didn’t have any uncles, grandpas or any other kind of male authority figure. My mother was doing just fine taking care of me all by herself, but I still felt like something was missing. I guess every girl growing up without a father feels that way. I started watching my friends interact with their fathers and brothers, becoming more and more intrigued by the idea that somewhere out there, my father was walking and living and breathing. Of course I still thought he was an ass back then, but still. He was out there.

My mother tried to fill the void by having a lot of friends of hers over. They were mostly couples in their late thirties with kids my age, and the man of the family would go out into the yard with us and we’d play soccer or he’d push us on the swing, way higher than my mom would ever let me go. It was nice, but it could hardly make me feel complete or happy.

It wasn’t until I was twelve that I stopped obsessing so much. My mother had a boyfriend back then: Jeremy Walloon. I’ll never forget the guy. He was tall, with longish blonde hair and a huge graying mustache. He was five years older than my mother and he made a great chicken parmesan. He’d cook for us every Sunday night and most of the time, it was chicken parmesan. No matter how delicious, after three months I was sick of it. So I told him as much, in my characteristic way – which pretty much means I called the poor guy a lot of awful names and stamped around the kitchen for a bit. Jeremy tried to stay calm, but totally didn’t expect my mother started laughing. She pretty much went into hysterics and she didn’t tell me off for being offensive and rude.

It all became too much for poor Jeremy and he started yelling at us. My mother sobered up immediately and I’ll never forget the look on her face when she told him he needed to calm down and stop yelling at her little girl. Of course, I became very mad then, shouting that I wasn’t little at all. Jeremy told my mother off for not correcting her “awful daughter” and that was when things got really ugly. My mother slapped her soon to be ex-boyfriend in the face and threw him out of our house. She yelled after him that if he’d ever be lucky enough to find himself a woman, he’d better not call her daughter awful. “She may be horrible at times,” my mother had shrieked, “but the only person with a right to tell her that is me.”

We’d ordered pizza that night and shared a good laugh over what had happened. When I’d asked my mom whether she was sad about losing Jeremy, she’d shrugged.

“He wasn’t really my type,” she’d explained. “Besides, all men are thick-headed creatures who never learn their lesson. Maybe we’re better off just the two of us.”

Turned out, my mother had been right all those years ago. All men really are thick-headed creatures who never learn their lesson. At least Eros and Simon were.

Rennor and I were practicing exchanging energy like Mr. Combright had told us. I started by ordering to give me his hand.