Chapter 35

Note: this story has been published through Self Publishing. Keep in mind that the Wattpad version is only the first draft! For the polished version without the many mistakes, buy a copy!

Where can you order a copy, you ask? Please use Create Space, because they give me more royalties!

Create Space: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

On Amazon (but they barely give me any royalties).

Don't hesitate to message me about where to buy it!

========

The keys still in my hand, I slowly turned around and looked up into Mr. Hammerhead’s angry face. Two boys were trailing behind him: Holden and Jeffrey, one of Holden’s irritating friends.

“You are in so much trouble,” he repeated angrily. “First I have to head back to escort these two idiots back inside, and now the three of you seem to be planning some sort of escape as well?”

Even though I felt horrified and humiliated, I was also grateful he didn’t know we’d been outside already. No need to fill him in on the details – he was disappointed enough as it was.

“And you, fairy and Newbie...” Mr. Hammerhead shook his head. “I expected this from everyone here, but not you. My faith in you just went down the toilet.”

While we all muttered apologies, the teacher tried to figure out what to do with us. After a moment, he strode down the hall and barked at us to follow him. We were taken straight to his office, where he told Eros, Simon and me to enter.

“I’m gonna take these two morons to the principal’s office. Unfortunately, it’s not my task to punish those who sneak out. The three of you however...” The look that crossed his face was frightening to say the least. “I am going to make sure you won’t forget this night for weeks to come. You are going to wait here. And don’t even think about trying to sneak out, because I am locking this door behind me. The windows are locked as well.”

Eros grunted. “Is that legal?”

“No,” Mr. Hammerhead informed him, irritated. “Was sneaking out of your room legal?”

Eros started to protest, but then he thought better of it and shut up.

“Very wise,” the teacher taunted. “Do you have anything to add, Newbie?”

“No sir,” I replied quietly.

“Good. Now wait here, and you’d better have a really good excuse cooked up when I get back. I probably won’t fall for it, but it never hurts to try.” He turned around, slammed the door shut behind him and sure enough, I could hear him lock it.

“Well,” Eros started, trying to break the tension in the room, “that was quite a night.”

Without warning, Simon leapt at Eros and tried to knock him against a wall. Well, not entirely (changed wording to improve flow) without warning: I had known what he was going to do a second before he jumped, tipped off by the bond. Eros had noticed Simon’s muscles tensing or something like that, so he was able to step aside just in time, causing Simon to collide with the wall.

“Sime!” I yelled, worried. The feelings I was getting through the bond were the same anger and disappointment as before, so I figured he hadn’t been hurt too badly by his… encounter with the wall.

Indeed, Simon recovered remarkably well, considering he was only a fairy, which meant he didn’t heal or recover as quickly as a vampire or werewolf would.