Chapter 58

By now, you must have read the author’s note about 50 times or something. :P You know this book has been published, and you’ve read a bunch of chapters, so you must like the story. :) The book is only $16.99 so go and order yourself a copy!

The link: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

If you want to order on Amazon, massage me for the link!

=======

Eros’ point of view

“Hey, I-” Demona stopped talking when Dylan pushed past her and into the hallway.

“Dylan!” I said reprimanding, but my roommate just kept walking. Despite his rude behavior, I felt grateful for his support. This was his way of saying he didn’t approve of the way Demona was treating me.

“Want to come on in?” I asked her, still unsure of what she was doing here.

“Sure.” She followed me into the living room and reluctantly put her backpack on the couch.

“Demona – how nice to finally meet you,” Cory greeted her with a smile. He pushed up his glasses that were always sliding off his slightly crooked nose.

She nodded and asked a few polite questions about his classes, how long he’d been here, things like that. I didn’t pay attention, distracted by the memories of the other times she’d been here. One time at night when I’d had one of my… episodes and of course when Sheila… I shrugged that last thought off, refusing to let the guilt engulf me once more.

When Corey and Leo’d hurried after Dylan – who was no doubt waiting for them just around the corner to talk some shit about Demona – she and I were left standing in the room alone.

“Your roommates didn’t have to leave on my account,” she said at last, fidgeting with a loose thread of her shirt.

“They didn’t,” I lied easily, hoping she wasn’t focusing on my feelings as I was on hers.

“What are you doing?” she asked, looking around, her eyes falling on a book lying on the table. “Reading?”

“No, that’s Corey’s,” I informed. “I was…” Crap, what was I gonna say? I was just telling my roommates all about our secret bond and now they kinda hate you for the way you’ve been treating me? “I was just about to go do some homework.” At least that was not a complete lie, I had meant to do some homework today. It was about time I showed everyone that when I wanted to, I could learn a thing or two.

“Oh,” Demona replied dumbly, not looking at me.

When she moved her hand to her hair to put a wild strand back in place, my eye was caught by the plastic bracelet she had on. It was bright orange and had only cost a dollar. I knew that because I’d been the one to buy it, wrap it and deliver it at her door. Demona still hadn’t figured out it was me who’d sent her the gifts, of that I was sure. She would’ve stormed right up to me and demanded an explanation the moment she knew I was her secret admirer. With everything going on lately, I doubted she’d given the bracelet, the boots and the dress any thought.

When Dem’s unruly blonde hair was all tucked into her painstakingly made pony tail, her hand moved on to the top button of her black blouse. She carefully unbuttoned it, only to close it back up the next second. Her hands fluttered to her collar to flatten it, only to decide it looked better up after all.