Chapter 68

Note: Wow you’ve been reading this story for a long time now! Don’t forget to message, comment and vote to let me know what you think. :)

Since you’ve stuck with me for so long already, I guess you must love the characters as much as I do! Please help me get some money to continue writing! I’ve got 5 books planned out in my head, but I need some money in order to make time to keep up my writing.

Help me by ordering the printed version of this book! The book is only $16.99!

You can order it by using this link: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

The link for Amazon is way too long, so message me to get it, okay? :)

Thank for the love and support, you guys keep me going when times are hard. :D

========

 The first run I had with Eros after Simon and I had gotten back together was awkward, as was to be expected. We were running, but nothing more could be said about it. No joking, no laughing, and obviously no chasing each other and jumping on top of each other. I missed it, but I knew it was for the best, since Simon had been pretty consistent about his conditions. No touching. Well, I knew that was going to be hard, if not impossible.

The week following our very weird weekend, things slowly got better. Simon and I didn’t sleep in the same bed anymore – that had been one of my ideas. We didn’t use to sleep together all the time anyway, but I’d made a point about not having sleepovers for a while. Whenever Simon and I were all over each other, Eros shut off the bond. That was very nice of him, and probably for the best, but it still felt wrong to me. If he had to shut it off for an entire night, he didn’t sleep well and I didn’t want to do that to him. Simon had complied, but only grudgingly.

The runs had also gotten less weird. We’d worked out a new routine. No more slapping my ass, no more climbing up trees to surprise the other, but just pounding our feet against the gravel path and listening to our own ragged breaths. I still enjoyed running with him, and after my cleansing warm shower, I always felt more alive and ready to face the day.

Of course there hadn’t been much time to think about all the Eros drama – me and my friends had to figure out how to stop the school board. So far, the witches had found some spells that could be useful, but they still hadn’t figured out how the board was going to put the dome over the village. Simon had been doing some minor spells, mostly making potions that were supposed to keep us alert during the entire night. I couldn’t really help, since I hadn’t figured out how to do any kind of magic yet. I’d been shouting and waving sage around, but nothing happened. It made me feel like I was ten years old again, pretending to be Hermione Granger.

We had little over a month, since the next full moon was only days away. Sam was already getting all relaxed and happy, which was a good thing considering the trainings we still had every other day. She could now change her arms and one foot without any help from the guys. Milford could do a little more: he could now shift one entire leg. It was really disturbing to watch, since he couldn’t stand whenever he changed his leg. He had to sit down, since his wolf leg wasn’t made for standing upright. He also had to take off his pants, which made it all that much more awkward, but at least he was making progress.

Training Eros was going better every single day. He could stop himself from controlling a mind about two seconds after he’d started. That meant his ‘victim’ didn’t even notice anything was happing. Only I did, through our bond. I knew Simon had some kind of big test planned for Eros, to see if he was fully in control now. He hadn’t told me what it was yet, but I knew he’d have to soon. Training Eros was getting useless. Ever since he knew how to draw up a mental wall to shut me out of his mind, he’d somehow managed to use that same technique on his mind control.  He drew up a mental wall and kept all of the compulsion inside. Every time he did, I cringed though. It felt so unnatural to keep such a power trapped inside… If it’d been me, I don’t think I’d be so composed. I would be running up against walls. But then again, I wasn’t exactly known for my stability.