Chapter 46

By now, you must have read the author’s note about 40 times or something. :P You know this book has been published, and you’ve read a bunch of chapters, so you must like the story. :) The book is only $16.99 so go and order yourself a copy!

The link: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

If you want to order on Amazon, massage me for the link!

=======

A strong feeling of neediness and misplacement came to me while I ran and like last night, I didn’t need to think about where I was going – my connection to Eros, however disturbing it may be, led me to him. I was standing in front of a wooden door, and I was already knocking on it when I realized it was the door of one of the girls’ dorms. He was in some girl’s bedroom. Well – this was going to get awkward real fast.

“Yeah?” A tall, willowy girl with bright red curls stood in the doorway, chewing pink bubblegum. I immediately picked up on the fact she was a witch. She didn’t look like the brightest, but even she seemed to notice my weird mood. “Vamp girl, right?” she asked surprised. “What are you doing here?” Her eyes raked my strange appearance, evidently disapproving of my fashion choice.

“Is Eros in there?” I asked, trying to sound pleasant and engaging but obviously failing. “With your roommate?”

“Yah, Hope is hooking up with him.” Obvious envy there. “What’s it to you?”

“I need to see him,” I urged.

The girl laughed. “Honey, I know he kissed you in front of everyone and all, but that doesn’t mean anything. Last year, he kissed me in front of the entire school at a dance. Didn’t keep him from dumping me after two months without so much as an apology.”

“Look, I really need to see him.” I repeated. “Please?”

“Well, fine then, come on in.”

The moment she stepped aside, I rushed past her and threw open the door that provided entrance to the bedroom Eros was sucking the girl dry in. The moment I entered, Eros head veered up and our eyes locked.

“Thank God…” he murmured. “Demona…” It was horrifying to see the anguish in his eyes. The girl in his arms wasn’t limp and lifeless, but she didn’t look too good either.

“Put her down,” I ordered harshly.

To my surprise, he actually listened to me. “I’m so sorry…” he said softly while he put the girl on the bed. “Please don’t feel pain, please don’t remember…” I could tell he was compelling her, but I didn’t stop him. The girl would be better off not knowing. He had ripped her throat good – normally, vamps only left two puncture wounds.

“What’s the name of the redhead? Hope’s roommate?” I asked Eros, taking his arm.

He swayed. “Destiny.”

“Seriously?” I couldn’t help asking. “Hope and Destiny? How… original.” But I realized there were more important things to worry about than parents who gave their kids stupid names, so I called out to Destiny. “Could you take care of her?” I asked the girl.

Destiny’s eyes went wide when she saw her friend. “What did you do to her!” she yelled at Eros. “Feeding doesn’t need to be this messy, you know that! You never did this to me when we were dating, why did you mangle her?”

Crap. I hadn’t realized Eros might get into trouble with all of this… Crap. Crap. Crap. “He will have a public date with you if you don’t tell,” I promised quickly. I had no idea if that would work, but the alternative was letting the half-crazed boy that was leaning heavily on me, use compulsion again. Not that great an idea. “It will be good for your status around here…”