Chapter 3

Note: this story has been published through Self Publishing. Keep in mind that the Wattpad version is only the first draft! For the polished version without the many mistakes, buy a copy!

Where can you order a copy, you ask? Please use Create Space, because they give me more royalties!

Create Space: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

On Amazon (but they barely give me any royalties).

Don't hesitate to message me about where to buy it!

========

 The following morning, the sun was shining brightly down upon the world. She peered through my window, her beautiful golden rays lighting up the entire room. A few months ago, I would have enjoyed watching the sun crawl across the floor and sneak up my bed, but not now. Being a vampire made me appreciate the sun less and the dark night more and more. The bright light made my eyes hurt, especially since the window was open. I blinked into the light and turned to my side, trying to ignore the light. It didn’t work.

“Good morning, Demona,” Eve’s bright voice said. “Slept well?”

“Yes, thanks,” I said, hiding under my covers. “But would you mind closing up the window?”

“Uh – sure.” She hurried to the window and closed it with a loud bang. “I am so sorry, I should have realized that becoming a vamp makes the light hard on you. I am so sorry...” She was holding her toothbrush lightly in one hand, her mouth white from the toothpaste. I could smell the mint from where I was laying.

“It’s no big deal.” I quickly accepted her apology, getting up from my bed. “But bright sunlight has been kind of a problem since my fangs started to grow.” I thrust my feet in my puffy white slippers and made my way over to the mirror to see my hair standing up in every possible direction.

“Could I... see them once more?” she tentatively asked. “Don’t say yes just to please me or because you feel obligated to it or anything. I am merely curi-”

“It’s fine,” I interrupted her. “I imagine the boys don’t show them to you unless they threaten you.”

“Yeah, vampires think they are quite something,” Eve sighed, walking into the bathroom to rinse her mouth. “Although some of them are really nice. I know a lot of friendly vamps.”

“And your boyfriend?” I hedged, trying to get my hair to lay down by pressing on it with my flat hands. No luck there. “Is he a werewolf?”

She giggled. “No, he’s no were. No vamp either, though. Actually... he’s not one of the Big Two... So we’re not really accepted.” She walked back into the room, and started to make her bed. She had really cute pink covers, really girly but a perfect fit for Eve.

“What – there is a Big Two?” I asked. “What the hell?”

“Vamps and weres are the Big Two. At least, they say they are. Fairies are at the bottom, since they have to make wishes come true and they live among humans in real life, most of the time. Witches are in the middle. Some of them are so weak they are barely supernatural, but some are much, much stronger than almost any were or vamp.” She fluffed her pillow and picked up her teddy bear, which she had probably thrown off her bed in her sleep. “Groups don’t really mix, you know. Vamps and weres stick together, since they are creatures of violence, meat and blood. Fairies and witches stick together, since all fairies are girls and most witches are too. They are of the spell-casting kind of supes, so they are a tight group.” She was rummaging through her nightstand now, and took out a very expensive looking hairbrush. She smiled at me and held it up. “May I?” When I nodded, she started taming my wild manes with her soft, capable hands. “Okay... so I was saying, the groups don’t really mix. There are a few exceptions to those rules, obviously. There is you, for instance, a female vamp. And me and Drew are an exception too. Witch and were don’t match in the supernatural community. But we certainly do.” Eve seemed a bit surprised by how much she was telling me. She seemed like the silent type to me, but she was almost rattling now. “That’s all.”