Chapter 69

Note: Wow you’ve been reading this story for a long time now! Don’t forget to message, comment and vote to let me know what you think. :)

Since you’ve stuck with me for so long already, I guess you must love the characters as much as I do! Please help me get some money to continue writing! I’ve got 5 books planned out in my head, but I need some money in order to make time to keep up my writing.

Help me by ordering the printed version of this book! The book is only $16.99!

You can order it by using this link: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

The link for Amazon is way too long, so message me to get it, okay? :)

Thank for the love and support, you guys keep me going when times are hard. :D

========

 I’d been sitting in the pancake restaurant at a table near a big window for almost twenty minutes when Anne, Jennifer and Hailey burst in and threw their arms around me.

“It was hell getting a parking spot,” Jennifer whined. “I was scared I was gonna scratch the car…”

“You finally passed your driving exam?” I asked excited. Jen was amazing, but not really a great chauffeur.

“Yes, and Sammy even lent me his car.” There was a very cute blush on her cheeks when she thought about her boyfriend. “Which shows a lot of trust, considering how many cars I’ve scratched during my lessons the past year.”

“Scratched?” Hailey repeated, arching one of her eyebrows. “Totaled, you mean.”

“That was just one car, and it wasn’t my fault!” Jen shook her head. “I’m never gonna live this one down, am I?”

“Of course not.” Anne laughed at me from the opposite of the table. Hailey was next to me, and Jennifer was next to Anne.

“You got my…” I hesitated. “…clothes?”

“Your smoking hot lingerie, you mean?” Jen teased. “Sure we do.” She threw a bright pink bag on the table, reading Mrs. Holly’s Lingerie.

I pulled the bag toward me and peeked inside. They’d bought me four different sets: midnight blue, bright gold, soft pink and black with a lot of lace. “Thanks, guys.”

“So, what’s with the rush?” Hailey asked me, frowning. “I never thought you’d care for this kind of thing, Dem. Your boyfriend isn’t pressuring you for sex, is he?”

“Simon?” I chuckled. “No, on the contrary. He’s more shy then I am when it comes to this kind of thing.”

“Then why…?” Jen asked softly, looking a bit worried. “Are you going to have sex with him?”

“No,” I replied confidently. “Most definitely not. I just… I need to work up some courage to get us a bit further in our relationship, I guess. And I need him to not be so careful all the time, acting like I’m a breakable doll or something. He can be passionate sometimes, and I figured this…” I gestured to the pink bag. “…might just push him over the edge.”

I was very glad I’d thought about what I was going to say, because Jen and Hailey were obviously buying my lies. There was some truth in it, which made it easier to sell. Only Anne’s face was still doubtful, but I hadn’t expected her to trust my explanation. She knew me better than the other girls, and she’d talked to me on the phone, when I hadn’t been able to explain all of this so clearly.