Chapter 79

Have you bought a copy of this book yet? A real, printed book that you can take everywhere with you, lend to your friends…

No???!!

SHAME ON YOU.

Go and order yourself a copy!

You can order it by using this link: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

The link for Amazon is way too long, so message me to get it, okay? :)

If you DID buy a copy, I will be forever grateful. :) Please tell me what you thought of the book!

========

Eros’ point of view

Surprised, I noticed my hands were shaking. I didn’t realize it until I felt the fabric of the shirt I was clutching tremble in my clenched fists. The first cop I’d compelled had returned with a colleague and now it was up to me to make sure he would get some more officers out here. I’d need to compel them one by one so that eventually about ten police officers would be under my influence.

Simon had fabricated the plan, obviously. Carl and Corey had helped him fine-tune it, but as always, Simon was the main force behind all the great thinking. I had to compel officers, so that they’d create enough panic for the police department to make the air alarm at the station go off – that was the signal for people that something was wrong, and it was obligatory to go inside and shut all the doors and windows whenever the alarm sounded. It was the perfect plan – not too invasive, simple, and the only one truly putting themselves out there would be me.

Compelling the first cop had been easy: I’d only had to make him tell a colleague that a girl had been harassed and that he needed help with the aggressive guy that had bothered her. This second guy was harder – he was about forty and his will was strong. I needed to make him forget about seeing the girls, so they wouldn’t be in trouble if anything went wrong tonight. I also needed him to tell others at the station about tip he’d gotten about a possible leak of dangerous toxics from a nearby town. On top of that, he needed to tell a cop about having lost his car keys in an alley so that someone would come out to help him look.

“Look at me,” I commanded, my voice low.

The cop glanced up at me – he was a pretty small guy, balding a little and with watery blue eyes under huge black eyebrows. I didn’t need eye contact to compel someone, but it made the job less demanding. I also didn’t need to actually tell someone what I wanted from them, but talking made it easier to make sure the message came across the way it should.

“You didn’t saw any girls,” I told him sternly. “There were no girls tonight.”

“No girls,” he repeated slowly. “Okay.”

“Also, a colleague from Suith Town called – there’s been talk of a fabric in a nearby town that’s been leaking toxics. It’s possible that you’ll get a call to let the alarm sound and to inform the villagers to stay inside their homes.”

“Toxics, yes.” The man nodded, his eyelids drooping. “I remember, John called.”

“Yes, John called,” I agreed easily. “You only talked to him after you left the station, you never talked to any girls and you didn’t talk to me. You are going to walk back to the station right now and ask a friend of yours to help you look for your keys.”