Chapter 21

Note: this story has been published through Self Publishing. Keep in mind that the Wattpad version is only the first draft! For the polished version without the many mistakes, buy a copy!

Where can you order a copy, you ask? Please use Create Space, because they give me more royalties!

Create Space: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

On Amazon (but they barely give me any royalties).

Don't hesitate to message me about where to buy it!

========

When the clock in the cafeteria showed me it was getting closer and closer to six p.m. every single second, I felt my heart speed up. It was Monday evening and I was about to do something I had been dreading all day.

I’d had a long day at school, and I’d barely seen Simon. And now, after having dinner with him, it was time for my detention. My detention with Eros. But I’d just put on a brave face, ignore Eros as much as I possibly could and try to focus on nice things – like the Guitar Hero competition I was having later tonight with Simon and his roommates.

I got up and straightened my skirt. ‘Well, I’d better get going…’ I said ruefully. Grinning in spite of myself, I messed up Simon’s hair with one of my hands. ‘See you later.’

He smiled back at me, trying to put some reassurance in it. ‘You’ll be fine.’

I stuck out my tongue. ‘Easy for you to say – you’re not in detention.’

‘True, but still; you’ll be fine.’ He got up too, walking me to the front of the room. ‘I’d happily walk you there, but I’m supposed to help Antwan with his English assignment.’

I smiled. ‘I know, you told me you’re sorry about that like a thousand times and I still don’t mind.’ In fact, I thought it was amazing his roommates finally seemed to think of him as a friend instead of someone who simply lived with them. It was ridiculous that I’d been necessary to accomplish that, but at least someone had.

‘See you later,’ Simon said. Surprising both me and himself, he hugged me quickly before walking away.

I stalked in the opposite direction, spotting Eve at the end of the hallway. ‘Hey!’ I greeted her and her boyfriend Drew happily. ‘How are you?’

Drew smiled at me. ‘Great, thanks. We’re having a bit of a romantic night, in fact.’

Eve gazed up at him lovingly. ‘Are you going to tell every single person that?’

‘Well, yes I am.’ He kissed her forehead, smiling sweetly. ‘I like the sound of it. We’ve been together for one whole year now and I’d shout it from the roof if you wouldn’t go crazy just at the thought of it.’

‘Aw… congratulations!’ I said, genuinely happy. ‘How great. I’d like to chat some more, but I’ve got detention to attend to, so…’ I started walking away, nodding at their nice comments, when I realized something. ‘Hey – I won’t be back at the dorm for hours, probably not before curfew, so you can have our room.’ I told Eve.

‘Wonderful,’ Drew rejoiced, his eyes betraying his fantasies. ‘Thanks.’

Eve giggled, letting him tug her along. ‘See you later,’ she called after me.

‘If I live through this…’ I mumbled, hurrying to the classroom where I was supposed to receive my detention. I arrived on time, seeing Mr. Hammerhead and Eros standing in front of the classroom. I wondered why they weren’t inside already…