Chapter 66

Note: Wow you’ve been reading this story for a long time now! Don’t forget to message, comment and vote to let me know what you think. :)

Since you’ve stuck with me for so long already, I guess you must love the characters as much as I do! Please help me get some money to continue writing! I’ve got 5 books planned out in my head, but I need some money in order to make time to keep up my writing.

Help me by ordering the printed version of this book! The book is only $16.99!

You can order it by using this link: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

The link for Amazon is way too long, so message me to get it, okay? :)

Thank for the love and support, you guys keep me going when times are hard. :D

========

When I knocked on Eros’ door, I felt slightly panicked. I could feel he was there, watching TV or something, but he hadn’t come to open the door before I’d even knocked, like we usually would’ve done. I knew he was just fine, but ever since this morning… Let’s just say thinking he was dead, even if it was just for a minute, it left its mark. I felt antsy standing in front of his door, waiting for him to come and talk to me. My hair was still wet from the shower I’d just had, clinging to my neck and face in long, tangled strands. I hadn’t been able to find my brush, but coming here had seemed more important that doing my hair properly.

When the door opened, it turned out Eros hadn’t even come to open it himself. Dylan looked down at me with a scowl on his face.

“My coat wasn’t good enough for you, now was it?” he shot, not even bothering to greet me.

I frowned. Right – the coat he’d lent me this morning when I’d been… well, very close to naked. “Sorry I didn’t return it to you myself,” I said politely. I felt more like snapping at him, but I got why he didn’t like me and helping me this morning had been pretty decent. “It had nothing to do with you or your coat, I just… I needed to get away from everyone for a moment, and I wasn’t thinking straight. Your coat…”

“Was just in the way?” Dylan offered.

I laughed nervously. “You could say that. Anyway, thank you.”

“No problem. So, what are you doing here?”

“Like you don’t know.”

He shrugged. “Not everyone can just look into your pretty little head and understand everything that’s going on in there, you know. Some guys still actually have to ask a girl questions.”

“You know,” I realized. Of course he knows, he’s Eros’ best friend. “What did he tell you?”

“Enough for me to seriously question you motives, little girl.”

“Are you gonna let me in or what?” I asked. He was blocking the way and he was so broad and muscled that it was hard to look past him. I knew Eros was close by, but I couldn’t see him.

“What do you want with him?” Dylan demanded to know. “To confuse him some more? To tell him how amazing your night with the fairy was? He doesn’t need you complicating things for him, you know. Life’s been hard enough on him without you messing around.”

I swallowed and tried to think of an answer. Of course he was right: I only made things worse for Eros. Some of the time at least. I couldn’t help but think I’d also helped him, been there for him when things were hard. But maybe… maybe he didn’t really need me for that, he had his friends after all. Friends like Dylan who cared a whole lot about him.