Chapter 59

By now, you must have read the author’s note about 50 times or something. :P You know this book has been published, and you’ve read a bunch of chapters, so you must like the story. :) The book is only $16.99 so go and order yourself a copy!

The link: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

If you want to order on Amazon, massage me for the link!

=======

"One more time.” Simon took a gulp of orange juice and went to face Eros again.

A notebook was on my knees and I was sipping coffee out of my favorite mug. I put the cup down and took the stopwatch in my hands. “Whenever you’re ready.”

Within a second, I felt a surge of some kind of mysterious energy surge up in Eros. By now I was very much used to the sensation of a mist-like substance taking form in Eros’ mind and then shifting into Simon, clouding up his mind completely.

Only this time, Simon’s mind wasn’t touched by the mist. It merely brushed his consciousness, not managing to protrude any further. With a startled cry, I got up and threw down everything I’d been holding.

“What the hell is happening?” Eros grunted, trying to push the mind control to work. His forehead was glistening with sweat, his aura pulsating in an effort to make his power take on Simon.

“He did it!” I jumped up and down and then ran straight to Simon and gave him a big hug, totally breaking whatever compulsion Eros had been trying to work. “You’re immune!”

Simon grimaced and carefully pushed me away. “Careful, I’m a little fragile right now,” he said with a little smile. “And I wouldn’t say immune…”

Eros sighed. “So, you can break the control now. As impressive as that is, it does put us in a bit of a clinch.”

I laughed and threw myself on Eros now, hugging him close to me. “Don’t be sullen right now, just rejoice for a while!”

He ruffled my hair and a chuckle sounded in my ear. “Okay, little one. Maybe just for a moment.”

I let him go then and danced around the room. I felt like a little kid. We’d made so much progress in the past two weeks – it truly was incredible! Eros had learned to recognize the moment his compulsion touched Simon’s mind. He couldn’t break it just yet, but he was getting there. Every day, he managed to break the control a little sooner, which made both me and Simon very optimistic about his restraint. And now Simon had found a way to counteract the mind control altogether. That was just plain awesome.

“Dem, if you’re done…” Simon touched my shoulder, making me skit to a shuddering halt. “Eros is right – this puts us in a difficult situation.”

“Now I can’t practice with Simon anymore,” Eros explained with a sigh. “Of course it’s great for him that he’s built up a wall against my control, but it also means he can’t help me anymore.”

“Of course I still can,” Simon countered. “I’ll still make the plans and guide you, but we’ll have to find someone else for you to practice with.”

“That’s easy then,” I interjected. “I’ll do it.”

Both of the guys looked at me with wide eyes.

“Hell no!” Eros bellowed while Simon yelled “No way!”

“At least this is something we can agree on,” Eros added with an amused look at Simon. “We’re not putting you at risk.”