Chapter 24

Note: this story has been published through Self Publishing. Keep in mind that the Wattpad version is only the first draft! For the polished version without the many mistakes, buy a copy!

Where can you order a copy, you ask? Please use Create Space, because they give me more royalties!

Create Space: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

On Amazon (but they barely give me any royalties).

Don't hesitate to message me about where to buy it!

========

Note: I have decided not to dedicate this chapter to anyone, because there are too many people out there who have been cheering me on the past couple of days, messaging me, telling me to hurry, and telling me what they think about my story. I am grateful to every single one of you, and I can only hope you will stick with me to the end. 

=========

“Where is my red lipstick? I need my red lipstick!” Paulie was totally freaking out, throwing all of her make-up on the couch and rummaging through it. “I need it – it was very expensive and brand new – don’t tell me I lost it!”

“You always lose everything,” Sam commented sourly, walking into the living room. She was holding a bright red lipstick in her hand. “Found it beneath your laundry.”

Paulie hugged Sam tightly, taking the lipstick from her. “Thanks, you saved me.”

“Yeah, yeah. Might be nice if you could return the favor every once in a while.”

Eve came rushing into the living room then, her long black dress open at the back. “I need someone to zip me up, Drew could be here any minute now.”

I got up from my comfortable chair and waved her toward me. I’d been observing my three room-mates stressing over their dates and their outfits for almost an hour now. I knew I only needed ten minutes to get ready myself, so I didn’t bother to join them in their stressful running-around thing. It was funny to look at though.

“Thanks,” Eve said when I’d helped her close the dress. “How do I look?” She turned around so I could see her from every possible angle. She looked beautiful in her long, flowing black dress that showed just enough skin to make guys look twice, but not enough to make them think she was a slut. She had small pearl earrings on and her make-up was very light and subtle. Her hair was pulled up in a neat bun, a few strings of hair falling in front of her face.

“Amazing. Absolutely amazing,” I said truthfully. “Have fun tonight and say hi to Drew for me, will you?”

“Why? I’ll see you there, won’t I?” Eve asked, surprised. “You’re still going with Simon, right?”

“Yeah, but we’re not planning on staying too long…” I said, smiling. “Dancing, people getting drunk… Not really Simon’s kind of scene. He’s really just doing this for me, I think.”

“He’s cute!” Paulie yelled from her bedroom. “Not my type, but cute anyway.”

“Kevin asked for you yesterday,” Sam mentioned, putting on her heels.

“He did?” I asked, my eyebrows raised. “Why?”

“Don’t know, don’t care,” Sam stated dryly, putting on her long silver earrings. “Just thought you’d want to know.”

“Always so nice to everyone, my Sam,” Paulie noted, grinning. “We should get going, the guys are probably waiting. Demona – will you be fine on your own or do we need to zip you up or anything first?”