Chapter 62

Note: Wow you’ve been reading this story for a long time now! Don’t forget to message, comment and vote to let me know what you think. :)

Since you’ve stuck with me for so long already, I guess you must love the characters as much as I do! Please help me get some money to continue writing! I’ve got 5 books planned out in my head, but I need some money in order to make time to keep up my writing.

Help me by ordering the printed version of this book! The book is only $16.99!

You can order it by using this link: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

The link for Amazon is way too long, so message me to get it, okay? :)

Thank for the love and support, you guys keep me going when times are hard. :D

========

“I’m afraid I have some bad news,” Mr. Combright started with a grave look on his face. “There’s going to be some… trouble soon, and the School Board could use your help.”

Simon’s eyebrows went so far up they almost disappeared in his messy hair. He looked so cute I took his hand without thinking about it, and so my surprise he didn’t pull away.

“What kind of trouble?” Aurora asked briskly. The deep blue glow that emanated from her took my breath away once more – it always surprised how beautiful some fairies’ aura was. Of course, she had nothing on Simon.

“Before I elaborate, I’d like to have your word not to share the information with anyone.” His eyes rested on me for a moment. “And when I say anyone, I truly mean anyone.”

I tilted my head slightly to the right, but otherwise didn’t react to his silent accusation. Of course he was right that I couldn’t be trusted with any kind of information, but he couldn’t possibly know that. If I felt like I should tell a friend something, I would. Especially if it was something concerning possible danger, and Mr. C’s face was grave enough to assume this wouldn’t be about a new recipe for apple pie.

“Can I trust you to keep everything I’m about to tell you a secret?” The teacher locked eyes with every single one of us until he was sure we all understood the significance of his request. When he was satisfied, he finally started his story.

“As you know, the werewolves change every full moon.”

“No shit,” Eros muttered, much to the teacher’s annoyance.

“For everyone one’s safety, they are stashed away safely in a nature reserve.” How touching to hear a teacher talk about stashing away his students. “I doesn’t need any explaining how precarious this situation is. Should any of the wolves ever manage to slip out of the reserve, maiming and killing would most certainly be the appalling result.”

Eros snorted and bent down so he could whisper in my ear. “He really knows how to make you feel safe. I think he should become a motivational speaker.”

“Of course,” Mr. C went on with a murderous look at Eros, “the school board and all the teachers are working very hard on keeping both the wolves and the other students safe during the full moon. Alas, it has come to our attention that some wolves have been planning on breaking out of the reserve soon. Apparently, the space and the rich animal population of the compound isn’t regarded satisfying enough by some werewolves.”

This earned him a loud gasp from Aurora, Ginger and Thetis. The latter fidgeted with her long black hair and looked nervous. “Surely you can keep them from escaping, sir?” Her voice sounded shaky, which was strange on the normally so composed witch.