Chapter 44

By now, you must have read the author’s note about 40 times or something. :P You know this book has been published, and you’ve read a bunch of chapters, so you must like the story. :) The book is only $16.99 so go and order yourself a copy!

The link: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

If you want to order on Amazon, massage me for the link!

=======

God. I always feel so relaxed after showering. Still damp from the hot streams of water, I wrapped myself in a towel and walked into the bedroom – Simon’s bedroom.

The first thing I saw was Simon’s bare back. He was rummaging through his closet for clothes – wearing nothing but his boxer shorts. Of course I had seen him like this last night, but it had been dark and we’d been tired. Somehow, seeing him so naked, with so much skin exposed… It felt different from all the other times I’d seen him half naked while brushing his teeth in the bathroom, when I stopped by in the morning. He looked… good. Really good. He was tall and had a lean build, but there was something unexpectedly graceful about the way his muscles flexed while he moved around.

When he turned around to face me, I almost expected him to say “Like what you’re seeing?” But his expression was soft, his lips slightly parted. He seemed… self-conscious, maybe a bit scared of what I would think of him. A tiny little part of me told my thoughts that the remark I’d been expecting was one Eros would’ve made, not my sweet old Simon. But I shrug off any thought of Eros and smile at Simon.

A little shy, he opened his arms and I threw myself at him so I could drag him into a bone-crunching hug. The moment we touched, though, the hug didn’t turn out bone-crunching at all. It was sweet, soft and warm. His breath tickled my neck when he bent down to give me a very careful kiss.

When he pulled back, his eyes were exploring my face as if searching for a reaction. I was just gaping at him. Was this what it was like to be Simon’s girlfriend? Would he always be so sweet, kissing my forehead and my neck, or would that fade once we’d been together longer? When I realized I was already starting to think as if we were in a relationship, I flushed bright red and pulled him back into the hug so I could hide my face. I pressed my hot cheek against his equally hot chest, hoping my feelings wouldn’t betray my thoughts.

“I’m sorry,” Simon said, stroking my back. “Too soon?”

A surprised laugh escaped from my mouth. “Too soon?” I repeated, frowning against his skin. He could probably feel my brows go up. “No, why do you think…?”

“You feel guilty and troubled,” he whispered. “I figured you didn’t know how to break it easy to me, that you’re not ready for me to kiss you.”

I shook my head and leaned back so I could face him. “You need to stop analyzing my feelings. Yes, you can tell what I am feeling, but not what I am feeling that about. I was feeling guilty and troubled about well, about my thoughts, not about the kiss.”

“So it’s okay?” he asked, smiling.

“Sime, when I said I wasn’t ready, I meant I wasn’t ready to be your girlfriend. To suck face, making it look like I am a cannibal trying to eat your cute face. I’m not ready to not be friends anymore, but in a relationship…” I shook my head again. “It’s not like you never kissed my forehead before or something. And I think it would be a bit weird if I wouldn’t want you to kiss my neck, while I did quite a lot of kissing since I came here…” I stopped when I realized bringing Eros into the conversation wasn’t a great idea.