Chapter 57

By now, you must have read the author’s note about 50 times or something. :P You know this book has been published, and you’ve read a bunch of chapters, so you must like the story. :) The book is only $16.99 so go and order yourself a copy!

The link: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

If you want to order on Amazon, massage me for the link!

=======

When I entered the living room, my eyes immediately found Simon’s across the room. He looked sleepy, confused and also a little mad – that was a look I didn’t see on him often. He rarely was mad at me…

“I thought I told you not to let her in,” Simon spat at Will.

“Dude, she brought donuts and coffee,” he protested. “I can’t refuse that and you know it.”

“I came to apologize for last time…” I started. “The thing with the dress, I shouldn’t have done that.”

“Oh,” Simon breathed. Despite our connection, he hadn’t seen that coming. “Well, okay.”

“Is that Demona’s voice I’m hearing?” a very chipper girl’s voice sounded from behind me. When I turned, Minnie’s smiling face greeted me. “Good to have you back!”

I turned around and for a moment, I was consumed by the sight in front of me. Minnie was wearing Antwan’s shirt, and he was in only his boxer shorts, his arm draped around her. Both of them wore a goofy grin that I’d recognize anywhere: they’d had sex. Giving Minnie a look that said that we’d talk about this later, I turned my attention on Simon again.

“I’m not just here to make amends,” I confessed. “I think we need to talk.”

“No,” he argued. “We really don’t.”

I grunted – this was going to be harder than I thought – and I’d expected it to be difficult all right. “You broke up with me without even discussing anything with me,” I said, letting some of my hurt seep into my voice for effect. “I thought you loved me, but now you won’t even talk about something this big?”

I heard Minnie gasp, but I kept my full attention on Simon. His face was hard, almost stoic – he’d learned a thing or two from Eros, so it seemed. I hadn’t liked the poker face on Eros, and I didn’t on Simon either.

“There’s nothing to talk about,” Simon stated. “So, you can go now.”

“No!” I yelled, getting angry. “We were a team Sime, you made a commitment to me when you decided to be my boyfriend. But the minute things get hard, you bail. And you don’t even have the guts to talk to me about it? You don’t think I deserve to tell my side of the story? It’s not like I cheated on you – I didn’t do anything wrong! You just broke up with me and now… now I didn’t just lose my boyfriend, but my best friend too.” A sob came out of my throat, but I tried to choke it back. Now was not the time for tears. “And as if that isn’t bad enough, you tell Antwan and Will to not let me in? They’re my friends to, Sime. You can’t take everything from me just because of this stupid bond. It’s not my fault all of this is happening…”

“I know that,” he interrupted my rant. His face wasn’t stone anymore – I could see his hurt and sorrow soaking through. “There was nothing else I could do, Dem, you know that.”

I laughed harshly. “Nothing else, you say? You couldn’t listen to me? You couldn’t be my friend? You couldn’t be there for me when everything went awry?”