Margaret to your Mike.

Zak pov.

'Cause every time we touch, I get this feeling, and every time we kiss I swear I can fly. Can't you feel my heart fast. I want this to last, need you by my side.' I looked in the sun visor to see Maria with her head down singing softly with her headphones in, sifting through the lockdown pack preparing herself for our next stop at the sanatorium.

"Voice of an angel.." Billy said beside me as we drove on the interstate.

"I'll alway miss her singing to me after a bad lockdown bro. You best count your lucky stars, cause she is one of a kind." Aaron sighed looking out his window.

As if Maria heard us she looked up and pulled her earphones out. "We there yet?" She asked.

"About twenty minutes." Billy replied making her nod and pack away her paperwork.

"You okay now? Know who you are interviewing?" I asked almost teasingly. Maria liked to overthink things and it eventually made feel self conscious that she will get someone's name wrong.

"Yep. I'm fine and dandy now."

I looked over my shoulder hearing a seat belt click open to find Maria sliding across the seat and up under Aarons arm.

"I sense a grumpy giant.. What's up?" She asked looking up at him.

"I'm okay." He answered.

"Beep beep beep. Bullshit alert. I know you.." She replied pushing her bottom lip out.

It was only in this moment of them being close and together that I realised something in Aaron's eyes..

He loved her.

I wasn't sure if I could categorize it as the love myself and Maria had, or whether it was simply a friendship love. But it was clear as day.. So consumed by the overwhelming idea of those two together that I didn't hear Aaron's reply. I just saw Maria cuddle into him and a surge of jealously rise within me. The conversation about her scar rose in my head of how she would show Aaron but not me. Not her soon to be fiancé!

I snapped the visor shut and looked out the window hard at the passing cars.

"You alright bro?" Billy asked.

"Yep. " I answered sharply trying to pull my head out from my ass.

--------------------------

Maria pov.

I'd woke up this morning with a sense of neglect towards Aaron.. I had no idea where it had came from but I just felt that since I had got back with Zak, that I had pushed Aaron aside again. It had bugged me and made me angry at myself for being so cruel. This man was my rock when Zak broke it off with me, he was the one who held me when I broke down and cried on the hallway floor holding my chest and begging for him to take it all away. He had been the man who gave me his home to use as a base, to live at, to come and go freely not once asking for anything in return. He was also the man who brought me chocolate, fluffy socks and a hot water bottle when I had the dreaded monthly cycle.

Today I was more my old self, that's if I had to compare myself to now and what I was 2 years ago. Using him as a leaning post I got a cuddle from my little big nerd and watched the trees fly past out of his window. It wasn't long before the car was veering off the interstate and down a track between trees.

"Woah." I whispered sitting up slightly to look out the window at our surroundings.

We were essentially driving through a forest, I noticed the different layers of the forest and smiled instantly. From the grass and wild flowers, to the saplings which eventually grew into the 40 foot trees that intimidated the road we were driving down. The large fir trees had blocked a lot of the natural light, only giving us small sections of the road which were reasonably lit.