Not now..

My pocket weighed a ton as I made my way through to the lounge. I paused by the door seeing the house in darkness and began wondering what the hell was going on.

"Hello?" I called out and waited.

Clinking sounded from Gracie's collar as she came in from the garden looking at me.

"Hi baby girl! Look at you!" I cooed.
She had been to the groomers and had a cut, my fluffy bear was now trim and lean.

"Oh we need to put a coat on you." I giggled as she lapped at my face.

"Yeah... Where's daddy?" I asked causing her to pause and stare at the front door.

"He's gone out? Or is he in the garden?" Her tail wagged before she grabbed her pink bone and ran into the garden with it.

He's in the garden.

I put my bag down and twisted my fingers nervously as I made my way into the garden.

Walking through the bifold doors I stopped to see the pool.

The pool and hot tub was filled with small lotus Chinese lanterns that floated across the water

"Woah." I whispered smiling at them and the colours.

Hands grabbed my shoulders and I was spun to Zak's chest as he hugged me tightly.

"Thank god you are okay." He breathed. I instantly grabbed hold of him tightly taking as much as I could from him.

"Hey.. Hey it's okay. You're safe now." He whispered petting my hair back.

He pulled me away and held my face "I will never let you go. Thank god you're not hurt! I saw the car."

"I-"

"I have a surprise for you..." He gestured to the pool making me smile.

"They are beautiful."

"And...." He turned me around to see the patio.

Our once dark patio was filled with little fairy lights, as we walked over I noticed the furniture had been moved around to form a bed with blankets, pillows and Pizza placed on top.

"Care to join me for dinner?"

I grinned and kicked my shoes off before joining him. I sat beside him watching him eat, taking in the small details of his face incase this is the last time I get to see him truly happy.

So preoccupied with his pizza he didn't see my gawking. My heart physically swelled just looking at him, he was gorgeous... Breathtakingly gorgeous.