Energy of the storm.

A week later...

Thunder cracked across the sky lighting the storm clouds up enough to show that the thunderstorm was overhead.

They had predicted this on the weather, delivering a weather warning, only it came 5 minutes before the storm.

"Fuck sake." Zak cussed walking across the lounge with the phone against his ear. I watched him rub his forehead and look outside as another clatter came.

"Maria. Come away."

"I like it." I smiled pressing myself against the window watching it. I had the door open but Zak had closed it earlier cutting off the energy and static of the night.

The electric had gone, and he was now stressing over a phone call to the electric board to find out when they would be out to fix it.. But I could tell it was going to be a while when he bit his fist angry and answered calmly.

He hung up before cursing relentlessly.

"Calm down. We have candles.. Gracie is with Ridley tonight so she's safe Zak." I frowned leaning against the bookcase.

"Well I didn't think we'd be sat in the dark and dinner is ruined." He muttered.

I shrugged "Never mind. I'll live with the riveting company." I teased making him throw me an unimpressed look.

"I don't do sarcasm." He replied.

"This is all because you can't go and lock yourself away in the office. Work can wait one single night Zak. You've been up there all week! I've only seen you to feed you, some nights you don't even make it to bed!" I answered annoyed and turned myself back to the window.

That had to come off my chest... It was beginning to effect me from keeping quiet so I had to tell him how I felt.

The sky lit up again and I caught Zak's reflection behind me, I could feel his body heat as well. My hair was moved aside and soft kisses teased my neck. I sighed rolling my head to the side as he nuzzled in closer each time.

"I'm sorry, I didn't realise it upset you that much."

"Well it did. No, it does." I answered.

"I've neglected you. I'm sorry."

"You haven't neglected me like that... But you've pushed me away." I replied.

"And how can I make it right?" He asked.

I had spent the last week trying to convince myself to be myself with him. But the words never formed from my lips... Until tonight.

"Make love to me properly." I felt him pull away giving me chance to turn around to face him.

"Not this heavy petting, vibrating rubbish. I want you."

"But... You- are you sure?" He asked.

I nodded at him "I'm trusting you Zak.. It's not pretty." I spoke holding my tummy under the satin robe.

His hands removed mine and he undid the tie, looking at me he pulled it off my shoulders and let his eyes rake over my body. I watched them stop at my stomach, lowering himself onto his knees I almost let out a cry when his lips touched the top of my scar. I bit my lip hard to stop any tears as he kissed down my scar slowly. Reaching the bottom he dragged his bottom lip back up over my scar before kissing it a little harder. "You are perfect Maria. The way you are."

"You really think?" I mumbled looking down as the sky lit up behind me. It turned half his face white and accentuated his cold colour eyes.

"Yes."