[Best Present Ever]

Days turned into weeks and weeks soon ticked over to months as Theo got stronger and more chunkier.

Zak had gone back to work, not that he had wanted too. But he kept his lockdowns nearby and as soon as he was done, he was travelling home.

It had only just gone 9am when I heard the door go, presuming it to be Cece I continued.

"Morning Cece!"

Theo loved Cece, I knew it was mutual but I rarely allowed Cece to mind him based on the simple fact that she was Zak's assistant and not a child minder.

Only a few occasions such as appointments and meetings I had no option but to ask Cece, I was grateful of her help and her bond with Theo.

"Guess again!" Zak cheered dropping his bags on the kitchen floor and coming straight towards me as I had Theo in my arms.

I watched as Theo realised who it was and gave Zak a gummy smile holding his hands out towards him.

My little man was 6 months old and now a little bruiser in the making. Small chubby cheeks and beautiful eyes like this father, you guess it. I was head over heels for them both.

"Hello my baby boy!" Zak took Theo and covered him in kisses making him babble and screech with excitement.

"Hey gorgeous." He grinned giving me a kiss.

"Welcome home, how did it go?" I asked rubbing his back as he tucked me under his arm.

"Okay, for once. I cleansed before coming home, otherwise I would have been back sooner and slid back to bed with you for some 'secret sleep' time." He chuckled.

"Well I doubt that would have happened when little chunky monk here was up at 5am. Soon as I brought him in with me with a bottle he was out for the count again. Definitely like you." I giggled as Zak tickled Theo's neck.

"Like me? I have no idea what you me-0h." He paused as I showed him a photo of Theo star fishing in bed beside me.

"You wanna go back to bed for a bit?" He asked.

I shook my head and smiled "Nope, we got tummy time and we have to take Gracie for a walk so..." I looked outside at the trees.

"I thought we could go all together?"

"Absolutely. Definitely. Hey, I almost forgot.." Zak nodded.

I watched Zak gallop out the kitchen with Theo squealing grabbing on his top excitedly before he galloped back.

"Happy birthday you yummy mommy." Zak grinned holding up a pink cupcake with frosting on.

I looked at my phone and gawped "it's my birthday."

"Yep."

"Today."

"Yep. Which is why I'm home early. Last year we worked-"

"We went out for a meal as well." I retorted to stop Zak from his own guilt trip.

"Yeah, I guess but it's not the same, we were at work and we HAD to go out for a meal, we had nothing else to eat." He laughed making me shrug and agree.