A man is only as strong as his woman.

I looked up at the house and then to Zak who looked confident.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Not really."

"Just put some faith in me Maria."

"I do. I do. It's just really wished I didn't have to come home so soon." I replied as Zak took my hand and pulled me towards the house gently. We went through the garage to try and ease of way in. All we had to do was go through a door and we were technically back home.

The closer we got the worse I felt, I couldn't do this. I can't do this! I don't want to do this!!

"Actually." I slipped my hand from his. "I'm going to go check on Aaron, find out how he is doing."

"Maria.."

"I won't be long." I smiled and left as quickly as possible.

I drove to Aaron's and parked up outside pushing my head against my steering wheel.

I shouldn't have ran like that but I didn't want to face them.. Not now.

I just wanted a few more hours normality before I'm thrown into chaos again.

I screamed as I looked up and found Aaron at the window of my car.

"Well hi to you too!" He laughed opening my door.

"You scared the hell out of me! What are you doing?" I asked annoyed holding my chest.

"Coming to check if you are okay, now I'm not so sure." He replied.

"You scared the bejesus out of me dude."

"Sorry! Come on in." He smiled and walked away.

I got out and followed him into his house before tossing myself on the coach and kicking my shoes off.

"Zak rang, said you did a runner from the house." He answered.

"I didn't do a runner. I simply wanted to come and see you rather than face evil."

"Hmm.. Came to see me yet you're going to sleep on my couch."

"Aaron."

"Okay. Sorry. It's just.. They are sorting the house tomorrow, I thought you would have wanted to be there with him?"

"I will be."

"You know demons aren't stupid.. They will find out. They mess with your mind, you know about Bobby Mackeys." Aaron spoke making me look across at him.

"Yes I do. But this is the demon house."

"Which is even worse! It's a higher concentration there!"

"It's a house. Bobby Mackeys was a bar!"

"Yeah a demon infested house. It was dangerous for him to even buy it." He answered

"Stupid of him to buy it, you mean." I muttered.

"Yeah, maybe. But he has and we have to help him deal with it all." Aaron replied.

I grumbled and pushed myself back into the couch closing my eyes.

"Maria. Hiding from it and going to sleep isn't going to help."

"Aaron.. Stop getting on my case."

"He's having the house cleansed, exorcised and protected for you and you're here.. What sulking?!"

"I just don't want to face them right now. I want normality! I don't even want to live there!"

"With him?" Aaron asked.

"Yes! I do want him. Aaron as much as I hated him for all those years I love the bones off him now. I can't imagine my life without him now! But I don't want to be living in a house. Where I'm suppose to be feel safe constantly looking over my shoulder."

"Mar-"

"Do you know I can't even sleep alone in bed? That I physically shake at the idea of being left alone. I can't pee with the door shut in case they lock me in Aaron! I'm a prisoner in that house right now!"

"Oh boo hoo! Stop being a fucking princess and sort it out!" He shouted making me glare at him.

"What?! He's bending over backwards for you. You don't think he knows how you feel?! Maria he is the only one that does because he feels it all!" Aaron shouted throwing himself down in the chair.

An awkward silence filled the room between us. He was right, and I hated it even more.

"How's the ribs?"

"Sore." He replied shortly.

"That's karma for being an asshole." I muttered.

I looked across at him, we both began laughing at each other. I sat up and sighed.

"I've got to go home... Haven't I?"

"Any other time I wouldn't tell you what to do. But on this occasion I have to say yes. Because he needs you."

I got up as gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek before leaving. I drove back to the house biting the skin on my bottom lip.

Zak is strong... But he's stronger when I'm behind him supporting him.