Options, Decision & The Aftermath.

'I want you Maria.' Nick said down the phone as I walked back to the hotel slowly.

It was early morning when I had left for my run. Only now it was late morning and I was on the phone to Nick. The run had lasted for 3km before I stopped and decided to take control. I had spent the night wide awake thinking of what the hell Nick could want from me. Especially after the last time I spoke to him, which was when I had to pin Zak to the floor with Aaron and received a punch to the side of the head.

"Nick I-"

'I can offer you more. You know that."

I shook my head "You know it's not that simple..."

'I know, but it's better than what you are getting. I've known you for years Ri, longer than what Zak has! You hated him at one point.'

"I know."

'And he hated you. You both tore strips out of each other at the simplest of looks.'

"I know..."

'Then at least give it consideration...'

"But it's Aaron as we-"

'Aaron has always had a choice and so do you.'

I stopped walking and sat on a bench looking at the first few autumn leaves that had fell.

"I love him Nick."

'And he'll want what makes you happy. He would want what's best for you. You said yourself that things weren't all that great.'

"That doesn't mean I want to finish with him and come running to you."

'I know. But do you honestly see him settling down? Huh? Getting married? Having babies? Cause that's what you want isn't it?'

Did I want that? I knew I wanted Zak and I wanted to make sure he was mine forever but babies? As in not just the one?

"I don't know. I don't know but I haven't ever knew- you know that!"

'Zak has never wanted that! Ri, baby you gotta open your eyes before you invest years into a man who's never gonna change. You know what he's like. He doesn't do commitment..'

I knew Nick was right, he didn't... But he kept with me and that must mean something? Right?

I know things weren't tickety boo but could I do that to him?

He wanted time alone...

No. Just no.

"I can't. Nick I'm sorry I can't."

'I- ' I hear him sigh on the other end 'Look don't dismiss the idea completely okay? Keep me in mind.'

"Okay."

'I really wanted you to come work with me on this.. Maybe in the future yeah?'

"Maybe." I smiled down the phone.

'Take care darling. I'll speak to you soon.'

"Bye."

'Bye.'

He hung up leaving me to sigh and look around me.

How could I do it? I simply couldn't.

There was no way on earth that Zak would be okay with me working with Nick... On a rival show. I mean- I- no! I couldn't. I loved the crew, I loved my job. Granted I would be still doing the same job but for Nick & Katrina but it wouldn't be the same....