Still falling for him.

"Who was that?" Aaron asked coming down the steps as I walked up them slowly.

"Just some guy.." I answered.

"Some guy." Zak repeated.

"Yeah. I was out running. I hurt my leg and he helped.. Chivalry and manners aren't dead after all." I answered going into the hotel as they followed behind.

"Are you okay? Do you need ice?" Aaron asked behind me. 

"No, it was just bad cramp. Took me off guard, I only fell over." I replied.

"Oh.. Well let me help anyway." Aaron insisted walking beside me.

"I'm fine.. Really."

"You look pale." He noted.

"Trying my luck at being a vampire, that's why." I replied.

"Very funny. Well I'll help you up to the room and then we can go for breakfast."

I shook my head "No, no I'm okay.
I had food before I went off jogging. I'm okay, you guys all go ahead."

"What did you eat?" Zak asked folding his arms knowing I was lying. Even Aaron knew... I was a crap liar.

"Food." I retorted.

"What?"

"A bagel. With cream cheese, do I pass your test?"

"You only eat bagels with bacon." He replied.

"I'm entitled to change my mind." I answered annoyed.

"I think you're lying." He announced.

"I think you're annoying." I countered.

Aaron slipped the key card into the door "Enough you two."

I refrained from saying 'He started it' because I would make myself look a child then.

My ankle rolled causing me to grab the nearest thing.. Zak's arm.. As he held his arms out to grab me. His eyes landed on my hand and frowned.

"Your ring. You've taken it off." He acknowledged.

I looked away from his eyes not wanting to see if I had hurt him, gutless I know but he had hurt me the moment he invited Tasha Into our home.

"There isn't any need for me to wear it anymore..." I answered moving away and to the bed.

I sat down and rolled up my trouser leg to see my knee grazed. Perfect.

Letting out a sigh I went to stand when Zak grabbed one of the cases and opened it pulling out the first aid kit instantly.

He knelt in front of me and took my leg placing it on his knee and began working on my knee.

"It's just a graze."

"Then you won't mind just sitting there and letting me patch it up." He retorted before giving me a little smile.

I pushed my mouth to the side and remained still for him.  I felt DeJa Vu coming back to me...

One time I ran from Aaron's.. No shoes. Over some stupid argument, Zak threw me into the back of his car and took me back to his house. In that time I had passed out with exhaustion and woke up to find him trying to clean my feet from the dirt and relieve the redness from standing on a stone.

It felt so long ago now.. So much had happened but he still had the concentrated look on his face as he patched me up.

He was still gently and often with his big hands it led to him fumbling around a little bit. But he secured the bandaid into place and popped a kiss on top of it.