You're still the one.

A week later..

I hadn't seen hide nor hair of Zak since the Bell Witch Cave. I had decided to give him space to deal with Tasha and any lockdown hangover. The last thing he needed was me around despite the fact he said I made them easier to deal with. I had been sat at Aaron's twiddling my thumbs as I had the next lockdown info packs sorted and ready to go. Call me organised but I couldn't do anything else in my spare time apart from implement work and watch films with Aaron. I felt better within myself, I was eating regular and everything was back to normal, although I did have a cry on Aaron the other night. Things just got the better of me and I put it down to emotional stress.

But I was done and now I was back on track and ready to go and see Zak to make sure he was still going to go to his appointment tomorrow and to see if he still needed it.

I may sound smug here and I guess I am a little but whilst we were together he had no trouble in that department! I hadn't told him about the dry humping incident back in Adams. But I felt like I should probably share that with him to put his mind at rest, that Zak JR was not completely broken... Like he thought. I was also wanting to talk to him about us. Because if he truly meant a word of what he said in Tennessee then I needed to know. I still wanted him, I loved him more than I could physically handle. Nobody would be him, nobody could make me feel how he makes me feel and nobody can love me like he could.

I only wanted him and I planned on having him back. Or taking him back.

I drove to his house slowly, listening to some music and basking in what sun I could whilst sat in the car. As I got to the security gate I saw Melvin. Melvin was one of my favourite security guards on the private community, an African American man in his late 30's & always had a smile plastered on his face.

"Afternoon Ma'am!" He grinned.

"Hey Melvin, you alright?" I asked out the window.

"It is hot as Satan on a Sunday! But I am great thank you for asking, how are you?"

"I'm good thank you. Here.." I pulled out a bottle of cold water from a bag and handed it to him.

"God Bless you. Thank you so much." He answered appreciatively.

"No problem. Have a good day!" I called and drove through the opening gates.

I drove up to Zak's house and parked up beside his car before getting out and knocking on the front door.

I waited and realised I couldn't hear barking... Maybe he was out with Gracie?

I chewed my lip and went to head back to the car when he opened the door "Maria?"

"H-Hey, Where's Gracie?" I asked.

He smiled "Straight in with Gracie, she's at the groomers with Cece."

I nodded "Home alone then?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Good cause I've come about tomorrow and your doctors appointment." I answered walking into his house past him. He closed the door and followed after me as we entered his lounge.

"Look I'm not being horrible but I don't want to talk about it." Zak sighed.

With my back turned I undid my black trench coat and dropped it to the floor and turned to look at him

"Who said we are talking?"

His jaw opened and a shudder ripped down his body. He hadn't said a thing so I made my way over to him slowly.

"Now. You're going to shut up and I'm going to make sure that you're okay. Got it?" I asked. He breathed heavily down on me and swallowed hard giving me a little nod.