Trust Issues.

I was finally able to take a breath after 3 hours of flying, an hour of fighting for luggage and another hour on top of that to get from Minneapolis to Duluth Minnesota. I had been on auto pilot and hadn't stopped until we finally got into the hotel and dumped our bags.

"That was the worst flight ever." Zak groaned face planting the bed.

I couldn't agree more, one screaming kid who didn't get his own way, an air sick passenger in front of us and two twin boys around the age of 7 kicking the back of our seats for three hours solid.

"If I never flew again, it would be too soon!" He moaned into the pillow.

I had came into the hotel suite and gone straight to the balcony looking across Duluth's Aerial bridge that sat over Lake Superior. Not glancing at the room itself, I took a breathe and released it letting all the tension roll off me. I tensed when Zak put his hands on my shoulders but soon melted into his touch when he began giving me a shoulder massage.

"Are you okay? I can tell you are tense and really quiet. Is this about this morning?" He asked.

I shook my head "No babe. I'm just.. My tummy feels tight. It's hard to explain.."

"Can I do anything?" He asked.

I shook my head again "I wish you could but this is on me.. How are you feeling after the flight? Any broken knuckles for the arm rest clenching?" I asked leaning back on him as he moved my hair free from my neck and kissed it gently before wrapping his arms around me.

"I was nervous but then the two little brats behind distracted me and well... Not a problem anymore." He answered.

I watched the water for a while before Zak spoke again "You coming in? It's getting cold out here."

I nodded and slipped back inside with him, not thinking I picked up a case and got shouted at.

"Maria! For crying out loud!" Zak shouted pulling it from my fingers.

"Jeeze calm down."

"No I won't. I've been reading online and that scar can open up again.. You haven't got past the safety period yet so until you do.. Get used to pushing pens and stapling paper."

I grumbled and sat on the bed folding my arms. "Well move them then." I fired and kicked one of the cases making Zak move it aside leaving us a decent amount of room to walk in and out. It was our turn for the cases in the rooms.

He crouched down in front of me and waited until I looked up to meet his eyes "Finished?"

"No. I don't like feeling... Like this!" I huffed holding my arms out.

"Like what? Tell me?" He asked pulling a case across to sit on.

I looked at my hands hard before looking up at him "It sucks. Free time and we should be breaking the bed but we can't because... Because I'm all minging and scarred up."

"Can I see it?"

"No."

He sighed and looked out the balcony window "But you'd show Aaron... Wouldn't you?"

I instantly looked away from his eyes seeing hurt flash across them. I would, I probably would show Aaron but for one main reaso-

"I can't believe you. I love you and you won't... You don't trust me enough to see your body?!"

I shook my head at him "That's not the reason."

"Then what?"

"I don't sleep with Aaron. I make love with you and to even see the slightest flash of discomfort in your eyes at the sight of my body is going to be enough to crush everything. I'm a woman Zak. I'm self conscious, body shaming and paranoid 90% of the time."