Keeping you safe

I woke up to the smell of rotting eggs, pinched my nose I sat up and rubbed my eye looking around. I caught a perk ass and the flow of cussing going to the glass window doors and pulling them open.

"Them?" I groaned.

Zak spun and looked at me "Y-yeah, sorry if I woke you.. How long have they been trashing the kitchen like that for?" He asked.

"Every day for the last three weeks when we have been here."

"So that's why you always dart out of bed?"

"So you don't have to deal with it? Yes." I answered

He sighed and crawled on the bed giving me a kiss. "I don't deserve you."

I smiled and wrapping my arms around his neck. "Maybe.. In your eyes. But I think I owe you so much."

"How? You put up with so much."

"Like the start to our relationship wasn't chaotic? You chased me to England remember?"

He nodded "I'd do it again. That asshole kept touching you."

"He learnt his lesson with his nose broke."

"I broke it?" Zak asked amused.

I nodded "Don't enjoy it too much, you're not a monster."

"Today's the day." Zak sad leaning in and giving me a kiss.

I hummed and tried to pull him onto the bed with me.

"Maria..." He spoke knowingly.

"Yes?" I asked with a giggle making him smirk and climb onto me.

"Zak?! Maria?!" His mom called making us both stop.

"Is that.... Your moms here!" I whispered.

"I know, I heard." He grinned diving into my neck.

"Z-Zak no. Za-" I let out a moan and he found the soft spot on my neck.

"Yoo hoo!"

"Zak stop." I giggled and he nibbled  my neck. Knowing he wasn't going to stop I took action and flipped us on the bed. I rolled off him and grabbed my robe leaving the bedroom.

"No fair!" I heard Zak yell. I went down the hallway giggling and went into the living room to find his mom.

"Ma- why aren't you ready?" She asked.

"Ready?"

"Yes. You're coming with me today, shopping.. With his card." She pointed behind me making me look and see Zak.

I noticed he had put shorts on..

He laughed nervously "Surprise?"

"I thought I was helping you here today?" I frowned slightly.

"I can't have you here sweetie. I need you as far away as possible as they have been effecting you. I don't want them to attach to you. They have found a weakness in you, it maybe small but they have."

"But I can he-"

"Please.. For me." He asked giving me a smile I couldn't refuse. I narrowed my eyes at him and turned to Ellen.

"I won't be too long." I smiled

"Okay."

I pinched Zak's nipple making him yelp, I ran back to the bedroom laughing hard.

I took a shower and got changed as Zak sat vigil watching me.

"I'm okay." I sighed as he pulled into him.

"I thought you were last night.. Turns out you were almost drown.. It scares me to think that you're willing to go that far to keep me happy."

"That's what love is..."

"You're not mad... Are you?" Zak asked.

I sighed "A tiny little bit like microscopic. But only because I'm worried about you and Aaron. Aaron for sure because he's sensitive, easily scared as well."

"He was. I've toughened him up." Zak answered taking my hands.

"I know. I didn't at the time, I thought you were being cruel to him all the time."

"And you were wrong?" He asked with a smirk.

"On that occasion I was." 

"You should have told me about your mom coming over to take me out though.."

"I rang her this morning... After last night Ri, I just wanted you safe. Then I saw the kitchen and I forgot everything." He answered.

"As long as you promise me to stay safe. If it's too much you walk away. You understand? You leave it here and we will concentrate on cleansing a few rooms. I don't want anything to turn inwards.. Okay?"

"Yes mom." He rolled his eyes making me pinch his nipple again.

"Owh! Stop." He laughed.

I put my hair in a French braid and pulled at it to make it look thicker, not that it needed it..

"Right.. Let's go spend time with my mommy in law."

I left the bedroom and headed to the living room to find Ellen in the garden looking up at the house. Seeing me she came in and picked up her bag with a smile.

"Ready?" She asked.

"Yep." I turned to Zak who held up his wallet.

"Would you like anything?" I asked him.

"Hmm.. For you to have a nice day. Take this, buy what you want with it and bring back some food for later. Something nice."

"Okay.." I smiled giving him a kiss. I felt his hand pushing his wallet into me.

I stepped away and took it putting it on the table behind me.

"I didn't agree to be your not yet wife for your money. I have my own. Put your wallet in the safe if you're worried about it, I'll see you later." I gave him a kiss and left with his mom.

He followed us out as we got in his moms car.

"See you tonight." He smiled.

Tonight? Tonight!

I almost asked what he meant but I knew these things took time. Hours in fact. I didn't need to be pressuring him to hurry up, he needed to concentrate on it fully.

"Remember what I said... If it's too much, you stop."

"Yes my darling I will." He answered. "If things don't go well..."

I looked at him now feeling worry build in me.

"If things don't go how they should, we might end up in a hotel. I'll let you know either way." He gave me a kiss and ran indoors before I could answer him.

Ellen sighed "That boy.."