Not while I'm around.

A/n: Sorry for the delayed update.. It's a hard one to explain and I've been thinking on pulling everything off Wattpad. Mostly for editing purposes but also another. I've felt really demotivated the last few days but after a chat with a few people I'm considering leaving them... For a little longer at least.

Anyone who began reading the Dean Winchester Fanfic.. It will be back and with a vengeance. I'll let you know when!

Until then.... Enjoy the new update.

---------------------------

The wind blew through the house and gently blanketed us, as Zak was laid between my legs with his head on my chest.

We had watched the Addams family, as we said we would. I smiled every time I saw Morticia and Gomez together enthralled in love for each other.

After the film had finished we simply laid in silence whilst I brushed his hair back letting his mind wander. But he eventually reached over and turned on the Bluetooth throughout the house and linked up his phone, now we had music playing softly whilst we watched the weather..

It was something so small but simply heavenly.

"You don't sing anymore." Zak spoke quietly from my chest.

"We haven't had a lot to sing about.. I think the only time I did was in the shower anyway." I replied.

"No.. No you used to. All the time. I miss that. You even used to when you were cleaning."

I smiled slightly and felt it fade, maybe I did but it felt such a long time ago. Before I could speak a song came on. Something I never thought Zak would have on his phone or even listen to.

"Why do you have this on your phone?" I asked quietly.

"Because I want to be your hero..." He answered back simply before pushing the side of my top up to feel my skin.

He then began to sing Enrique Iglesias Hero quietly on my chest, if I wasn't in love with him already I was now. I laid there and listened to his voice dig along softly, sending goosebumps down my body and the butterflies that I still got for him to flap erratically.

I had never told him but for love songs? This was my ultimate favourite and maybe it was because of the heartbreaking video of him dying in her arms. He had found her and gone to her before he died. That was enough to have me a with the heartstrings each time.

'Would you run and never look back?
Would you cry if you saw me crying?'

Zak lifted his head and looked at me. "Would you save my soul tonight?"

I wanted to answer yes. I would always save him. But I didn't know if it was him asking me genuinely or the song. I nodded yes either way before I hugged his head back down as he carried on singing between his laughing.

His fingers dug in gently on my skin as he traced the curve of my side before starting over again.  Giving a hearty sigh he found my hand and locked out fingers together pressing kisses on my knuckles.

The end of the song had taken a different turn, he was just gripping onto my hand tightly. I wondered if he was now going over last night in his mind again.

There was only one song I wanted to sing to him, one song that would make sense, but there was a chance that he didn't even know it. Hell I knew he wouldn't know it.