Brewing.

Three months later....

I placed my hand on the bump and smiled feeling a small thud from the other side.

"Did you feel that?!" Tilly asked.

"Yep. Baby is gonna be a little footballer, or ballerina." I beamed and removed my hand.

"I can't believe it.. You look great by the way. I envy you." Tilly spoke rubbing her swollen belly.

I didn't envy me.. In fact as of this moment I hated myself for feeling bitter towards Tilly for having a bun in the oven.

"How are you and Zak? You haven't said much..." She acknowledged sipping her tea.

"Okay, I guess. Things well.. I had a false alarm a few months ago. God I wanted a baby so bad, I know he'd be a great dad simply because he knows what it's like to have an absent father."

"Oh sweetie, I didn't know... And here's me rubbing it in your face." She frowned.

"No, no. Don't be silly. You look glowing, I'm so happy for you." I grinned as she smiled placing a hand subconsciously on her bump. It was true, she looked radiant and her hair had its own glow. Tilly looked incredible...

"I've got 3 month left.. Then tell me I look glowing with sleepless nights and pooey diapers." She replied making me giggle.

"Well we both know little ladies don't do stinky diapers. So if you're holding out for them... It's gonna be a boy!" I joked.

"I found the cutest little summer dress for her! I say her but I haven't found out yet! Joey made sure we kept it a surprise. I'm dying to know, I've picked out at least 20 outfits."

"Woah." I laughed and took a mouthful of water.

"You're looking healthy. How do you feel in yourself?" She asked.

"I'm doing well. Actually gaining weight with the food plan and working out sensibly."

"Hmm.. You know you avoided my question. You and Zak?" Tilly pushed.

"He's on lockdown. He wanted time alone and well, he's been getting that. This is the first one I haven't been on, I- I don't know Tilz I enjoy being with him so much, it's hard to explain."

"You love being with him, that's simple but you're with him and worrying about if you are smothering him at the same time."

"Yes... I love how close we used to be, to me it feels like we've grown apart."

She tilted her head "How so?"

"We go to bed a different times, there's no conversation when we are in bed. Sure we still... You know. But then that's it, job done, he takes his side of the bed and I have mine. We rarely do anything together.. Work was the only thing but he pissed me off that much before we were due to go that I threw a paddy and now I'm here." I replied looking around the living room.

"Have you thought about speaking to him?" She asked.

"Yes, also thought about leaving as well."

"What?! Are things really that bad?" Tilly asked concerned.

"They can be. I just feel that I'm making him unhappy..." I replied twisting the ring on my finger. I sighed hard and looked at her.