Keeping my word

I looked up at Los Coches adobe before shuddering, this place had an eerie and horrible feel to it. Shaking it off I grabbed the last of the disclosure forms that Ted and Florence Barrera had signed. They were our last interviewees at the Adobe. Pushing them into a plastic wallet I reached for a respirator mask and antibacterial wipe when I felt someone walking up on me. I waited for someone to speak but nobody spoke.  Shaking my head I grabbed the respirator and wipes, as I withdrew from the car I looked at myself in the rearview mirror and I almost screamed seeing a woman in a black cloak standing beside me.

"Jesus!" I shouted stumbling back and landing on the floor.

"Maria?" Billy called making me look around. "You okay?"

"Yeah she frightened me." I laughed holding my chest.

"Who?"

"The woman doing the reenactments, what's her name?" I held my head trying to remember.

Baby brain was coming in...

"Janet? Jane? Jodi?"

"Joanne." Billy said making me point to him. "Yes!"

"What about her?"

I looked around the car and then pulled myself up to look around the car properly. "I- I could have swo-"

Before I could say anything Billy had the radio up to his mouth calling for Zak.

"N-no! Don't call him!" I stressed but sure enough Zak came out of the Adobe instantly walking towards me.

"What's happened?" He asked holding my face as I was in mid panic about him getting angry or annoyed.

"N-n-nothing." I shook my head.

"Maria..." Billy tilted his head to the side slightly.

"I feel sick." I announced and clamped my hand across my mouth before running around the side and throwing up.

My hair was lifted up out the way as I stopped I looked at Zak as he rubbed my back.

I wiped my mouth "Sorry."

"You look pale. Come on.."

I had throwing up coffee and water but that constituted enough for him to worry.

"She saw a woman in a black cape." Billy ratted making me throw a look across to him.

"You rat." I mumbled.

"Sorry sweetie. You're safety is first." He replied.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Zak asked brushing my hair back.

"Cause I thought it was Joanne."

"It scared her enough to fall backwards." Billy chirped.

"Bill the squeal!" I shot making him lift his brows.

"Fair enough with that one but we need to know these things."

"She was just looking at me. It doesn't mean anything right?" I asked looking back at Zak.

Zak tried to give me a reassuring smile but it obviously meant something "is she going to follow us home?" I asked annoyed.