Back where we belong

I woke up to the smell of baby powder making me inhale deeply and release it. I heard a light thumping on the bed making me open one eye to see I was hugging Gracie for all I had.

"Hey baby girl..... I'm back." I whispered making her tail bang against the bed harder.

I had a large hand rub my bare back making me smile, Zak's hand stopped and a sigh left his body before his breathing got deeper again signalling he had gone back to sleep.

My tummy groaned in hunger making me look at the time from my phone to see it was 2pm.  I looked over at Zak who was on his front with his arm held out towards me, I guess I better feed him now I've warn him out. Slipping out of bed I grabbed his shirt and found a pair of boxers from the wardrobe, it wasn't until I turned around I saw that he had kept some of my clothes...

On further inspection I found that they were mine and had a plastic cover over them? Maybe he was gonna send them?

I left the wardrobe none the wiser and made my way into the kitchen when I noticed Gracie looking at me patiently.

"You've had a shave! Oh baby girl what did they do to you?! Oh sweetie did the lady take your coat?" I giggled making a fuss before opening the door for her. She ran into the garden and grabbed her toy before going off for the toilet.

I washed my hands and opened his fridge looking at what food he had to eat. I wanted something amazingly lush and something he would love as well....

Seeing the ingredients I smiled and decided on what I wanted. Pulling it all out I set up a hot pan with olive oil and cut up some steak into small thing strips an cooked them off seasoning them with salt and pepper. I placed some cheese on top and cut up two hoagie rolls, once the cheese had melted I took the pan off and put the cheesy steak into the rolls.

Bish Bash Bosh. Philly cheese Steak!

I had a small amount of steak left over with no cheese on which I placed in Gracie's bowl, giving me a tail wag in appreciation she ate it and licked her chops before heading off into the garden again.

I took the sandwiches on their plates back to bed with two bottles of water shoved under my arms. I walked in to find Zak still asleep.

"Huh." I sighed and placed the plates down on the side before opening the large glass doors letting the Vegas afternoon warmth in.

"Zak..."

"Zak...."

"ZAK!"

I got a groan and the pillow put over his face. I walked over and pulled the bedding but his hand clamped down making me struggle and eventually give up.

This dude can not be this tired!

"I have made food."

Nothing! I sure as hell couldn't eat two sandwiches on my own. So I hit him.... With my pillow.

"Go away."

"I made food."

"I'm asleep! I don't want food!" He snapped making my eye narrow at him.

Fine.

I went under the duvet and decided to wake him up another way.. We definitely didn't need his appointment with the doctor after less than a 2 minutes of teasing him, he was hard and wake.

The duvet was pulled off as I looked up with him in my mouth.

"What are yo- God!" He groaned as I tried to answer him.

I laughed and carried on until he climaxed. His hands came for me but I slipped off the bed and went into the bathroom cleaning my teeth and rinsing my mouth.

"Okay grumpy are you awake now?" I asked coming back into the room to see him sat up rubbing his face.

"Sorry. I haven't slept that good since you left." He replied.

"I didn't leave. But that doesn't matter now. I made food."

I threw the bottle of water towards him.

He didn't see it.

Not until it hit him in the crown jewels making him yell out and hit the mattress in pain.

I gasped and went over to him as he moaned into the bed about feeling sick, I apologised over and over again feeling guilty. For us women there was nothing we could do, so my simple pat on the back wasn't helping him at all.

"Maria. Please.. Please don't do that again." He groaned.

"I never meant to do it in the first place but yeah. Sure I will never do it again. Are you okay?" I asked concerned.

"Hmm.. Food better be good."

Remembering I grabbed it and sat back beside him holding it for him. He took one look at the plate before looking at me.

"Is that..?" Zak asked.

I grinned. He took the plate and put it beside him before grabbing my face and giving me a kiss.

"You taste all minty now." He said as he pulled away.

"If that's a complaint then I won't brush my teeth after."

"No. I like kissing you and I can't knowing... Well you know."

I rolled my eyes before patting his leg, "Eat up."

I got my plate and water sitting beside him as we looked into the garden watching Gracie race around with a ball in her mouth. Occasionally we'd see it roll past and she would be chasing it. Those moments made me laugh. I felt at home in his house, at home with him. I planned to take every day, one step at a time. The last thing I wanted was for us to argue because we rushed back into things.

"Maria.."

"Yeah?"

"You make the best Philly Cheese Steak I've ever had and I've had a lot." He answered.

I smile at him "Glad you like it."

"Love it. Is more exact."

"Know why that is don't you?" I asked making him shake his head.

"Because I make all food with love, that's why." I replied.

"I don't deserve you." He sighed looking at his food.

"Don't be getting all self pity on me. What's done is done.. I just want to go back to being us." I answered him.

He went to speak when his phone pinged, picking it up he read the message, I sensed something was up so I took his phone and saw her name.

- What's it going to be? T xx

"What's what?" I asked him.

"Money from me or from a tabloid." He answered.

"Oh really. That's a shame..." I replied and began typing back to her. Satisfied I sent the text and smiled handing Zak his phone back.

"What did you do?" He asked accepting it.

"Told her that all messages and form of contact are being passed on to management & your lawyer to build a harassment, slanderous accusations and blackmail case against her." I answered taking a bite from my sandwich.

"You should be okay now." I replied with a full cheek.

Nothing was going to ruin it between us, not some two dollar hooker anyway! Demons and spirits have won once and it won't happen again.

After lunch I took the plates out into the kitchen and began tidying my mess up. Zak's arms wrapped around my waist lifting me off the floor and carrying me back to the bedroom as I giggled.

"Not again. Surely not?"

"Excuse me ma'am but you're under arrest. You have the right to remain silent." He played.

"Well I hope you have cuffs." I whispered making him grin and kick the bedroom door close.