Too much for one mind.

26th? No.. It couldn't have been.

Maybe the 15th then?

I should have been around the 15th but then I... on the 19th so does that mean it changes? It must change something rig-

"Maria? Are you with us?!" Zak called making me snap back into the hear and now.

We were currently at Lincoln County Hospital ready to do the walkthrough with the owners. I nodded and pushed my hair back off my face before my hands began to fumble with paperwork.

If it was the 19th then I was in the process for a we-

"What are you doing?" Zak asked snatching the paperwork off me.

"I- It, I ha-"

"Just stay in the car and get some sleep. You're no use like this."

"Zak, I-"

"Maria just get in the car." He bit and stormed away thrusting the paperwork into Billy's hands.

I blinked back the tears and got into the car looking at my hands, I told him about Nick thinking we would be okay and we were.. Until after we left the hotel and Zak received a call about yet another member of the team leaving. Only this time the employee told Zak exactly where he was going and why.

Nick was poaching his team.

If only we stayed in the hotel room and just spent the afternoon between the sheets, wrapped up in ourselves and away from the world. Maybe just maybe I wouldn't be receiving the sharp end of his tongue, exactly like I was now.

As if any of this is my fault!

But I had bigger things to worry about... I couldn't remember when my last period was.

As much as I hoped for a future family with Zak I couldn't help but panic. We weren't ready for this. At all.. Hell we still argued who picks the towels off the bathroom floor after he leaves them there!

But I could just be late. Now that I had to keep in mind. I could just be late from the miscarriage and now my body clock was wrong. That has to be the reason.

Unless you're pregnant.

Shut up you're not helping matters here

Well excuse me for suggesting it.

Shh!

I thumped my head and rested my head into my hands staring at my feet, I needed a test. I needed a test and I needed to tell Zak.

Not now..

No. He is busy now.

He is always busy..

Bitch you keep up with this negativity and I swe-

I looked up to see them all going inside the building, I needed to vent. To speak to someone. Anyone.. Where's Ash?

I got out the car and looked around but found no sign of anyone, getting annoyed I trudged back to the car getting in and slamming the door shut.

"Stupid lockdown, stupid body clock." I grumbled and looked to my left seeing Zak bursting out the double doors and throwing his respirator down. My hand gripped the door handle ready to go when I remembered he told me to stay in the car.

"Fuck his orders." I muttered and opened the door getting out and heading over to him.

"Just leave me alone... Please just go." He answered sitting down and covering his face.