Chapter 53

By now, you must have read the author’s note about 50 times or something. :P You know this book has been published, and you’ve read a bunch of chapters, so you must like the story. :) The book is only $16.99 so go and order yourself a copy!

The link: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

If you want to order on Amazon, massage me for the link!

=======

Note: Tell me: what do you guys think about the new developments? What about the new and improved Eros? Do you agree with Simon or with Eros about the right way to handle everything?

========

The moment Mr. Combright left the room, I got up and faced the guys. “So...” I began, “we aren’t buying this, now are we?” Their faces told me that, apparently, they were. “Seriously? We’re going to let some weird teacher who swears for crying out loud decide how we live our lives?”

Simon sighed deeply. “Seems like there may not be a life left for you to live if we go on as we have.” He wasn’t looking at me though; he was eyeing Eros like he was some kind of super villain who had choreographed the whole thing. I could tell he somehow held Eros responsible for what had happened today, while we all knew that for once, Eros was completely innocent.

“Trust me,” Eros responded to Simon’s unspoken accusation. “I like this no more than you do.”

“Bullshit,” Simon spat irritated, “this is exactly what you wanted all along.”

The bitterness in Simon’s voice made me cringe; this was not my boyfriend. This was not how my Simon talked to people, how he thought – if there was anyone who always thought the best of people, it was him. Even with Eros, I hadn’t expected him to say something like this.

“How can you say that?” I replied quickly, before Eros could defend himself. “We both know Eros has never had any intention of hurting me. And he certainly never asked for any of this.” I took a step toward Simon, wanting to hold him, to kiss him, to turn him back into the happy guy I’d seen so much of lately. He turned away from me though, not even looking at me. Even though I could feel his regret, it still hurt, a feeling of rejection coursing through me. I still felt like I had to defend Eros, though. “You can’t blame this on him,” I continued, “if you want to blame anyone, blame me. I’m the one who is apparently so fucked up she can tie two guys’ lives to hers instead of just screwing up just her own sorry little life.”

Eros hand was on my shoulder then, but not in a supportive way. It was like he was... restraining me. I got why – I was channelling so much anger to the both of them, that they must be expecting me to lunge at someone soon. “It’s all right, Dem, he’s just worried and sad. That’s very understandable.”

My jaw almost hit the floor when he said that. I didn’t think I had ever heard the word understandable come from Eros Slayer’s mouth before – certainly not when Simon was involved. “Who are you and what did you do to the mean ass vampire that used to be the owner of this body?” I asked, gesturing up and down his muscled frame. “You’re standing up for Simon? You do know who he is, right? You still know who you are, don’t you?”

Eros managed a little smile at my attempt at humour. His hand turned from restraining to supporting now, pulling me against him. “It’s going to be all right, I promise you,” he whispered, but I could tell he was lying through his teeth.

I let him hug me for a moment, because I needed some physical contact at the moment, and Simon’s feelings were clear enough: I wasn’t getting it from him any time soon. His whole body was rigid from the tension and the feelings I was getting off of him were sad and lonely, like he was already disconnecting himself from me. I shuddered at that thought, leaning into Eros even more. Eros, of course, could feel I was only turning to him because the person I really needed right now was not there for me, which made him brooding and distant. I shook him off then, hoping putting some distance between us would make my feelings less apparent and hurtful to him. This whole bondmate fiasco was just plain old awful to all of us, really.