You're best friends and you have a secret crush on him.

Harry: Being in the presence of Harry could sometimes be intimidating, making you wary of talking to him until you're left alone one day. The conversation is so easy that you become friends, building even stronger when he leaves for tour, giving you every bit of his free time as his best friend. Now that he's not so intimidating your feelings for him have grown with your relationship. Everyone can see how perfect you are for each other but him, leaving you with your love for him to be a secret until the right time.

Louis: You're those friends, the ones who are just alike, who have everything in common, who's seen as a couple by everyone but yourselves. "Just admit it. You and Louis are hopelessly in love." Your other friends always tell you, both of you responding with. "We're just friends, that's all." Even as you say the words there are so many contradicting feelings in your mind, telling you that you truly like him, holding back every emotion for fear of ruining what you already have with him.

Niall: You knew from the moment you saw Niall that you wanted to be more than friends. Still, you were put in the friend zone as he explained that he didn't have time for something too serious as he was putting all of his energy into his music. You completely understood but on the inside it killed you not to lean over and kiss him, never to be able to hold his hand, and keeping your love for him a secret. The real secret, he felt the exact same way.

Liam: Liam was the boy next door. When you moved in next to each other you became best friends, sneaking over to spend the night with each other, every moment of your high school years spent together. When he finally leaves, his big break on the X-Factor, you realize that your feelings are stronger than a friendship, proud of him for his accomplishments but always remembering him as the boy next door, the boy you fell in love with.

Zayn: Since you were little you'd been watching him, as you played in a sandbox, when he pushed you along on a swing, when he got his first girlfriend, when he sat in the back of your classroom. You always been there with him. You'd listen to him sing, always telling him he was amazing even as he doubted himself, encouraging him to audition for the show that would change his life. He was your best friend and you were always there, even as inside, you always wanted so much more.