He forgets your birthday

Niall:

“So,” you said as you rocked back and forth on your feet, “Any plans for today?” Niall looked up from his phone and shook his head. “No not yet, but I might go out with the boys tonight.” You nodded your head and looked back down to your book. It was your birthday, and so far, Niall hadn’t given any signs of remembering. “Oh ok, sounds good. My friends are coming over tonight.” You waited for him to say anything but he kept scrolling through his twitter feed. You decided to try again, “I don’t know I guess they are throwing me some sort of party?” Still nothing. How could he forget? You mentioned it just the other day and he clearly remembered then. You stood up and pulled his phone out of his hand, “Damn you Niall.” He jumped out and reached over for his phone, but you held it behind your back and he gave up. “What are you talking about? What did I do?” He waved his hands around as anger spread through his body. “Glad I got your attention. Niall do you know what today is?” You tapped our foot and he use his mental calendar. “Sunday?” So he really didn’t know. “Niall it’s my birthday.” You threw his phone across the room grabbed your bag and dashed out the door.

Harry:

“Babe, do you know what the date it?” You called to Harry from the kitchen. “Um…. Isn’t it 16th?” Your head met the surface of the table. He had forgotten. How? How could he not remember? You walked into the other room to see Harry flipping through channels on the TV absentmindedly. “Harry,” you crooned as you settled into his lap, “Do you know what today is?” He leaned in thinking you were about to kiss him, but instead you shoved him backwards hitting the back of the couch. You stormed out of the room and headed to the kitchen. You slammed plates together making extra noise to let him know that you were mad. He suddenly appeared leaning on the doorframe, “It’s your birthday isn’t it?” You nodded, unable to speak. Suddenly words flooded your eyes with no explanation. “Babe I’m sorry, with all the tour dates and interviews it’s been hard to keep track.” You started to melt. Maybe he was right, but maybe he wasn’t. No, he should’ve remembered. “Harry, it shouldn’t be that hard the date I was born.” You waited for him to disagree. You wanted him to give you a good excuse, but he didn’t. He just stood there.

Zayn:

You rolled over on your bed and stretched your stiff limbs. Your eyes tried to focus and search for Zayn in his usual position on the bed, but all that was next to you was his pillow. You slowly got up and wandered into the kitchen. You poured cereals into a bowl and called his name through the house. There was no response. You listened for the sound of a running shower. Still, nothing. You sat down at the table and noticed a slip of paper at your place.

Sorry babe, had to record early today. Remember to pick up the dry cleaners today. See you when I get home. Love you xx, Zayn.

So now you were alone. You were alone on your birthday. You were alone on your birthday and he didn’t even know it. You planted yourself in bed and waited for him to get home so you could yell at him.

Louis:

You stared at the phone. He would call soon. It was your birthday. He would have to call. He remembered last year, and you didn’t even have to mention it. You weren’t even dating then. Of course he would call. You decided to check twitter. Maybe he wished you a happy birthday there. Nothing for you, but there was something.

(Louis’s twitter name): Happy birthday to (A fan’s twitter)! Have a lovely day!

What? No. This had to be a joke. What was he doing? Was he messing with you? It wasn’t funny. You sent him a text.

Saw your tweet.

You waited for a while and he finally replied: Yeah, I met her a couple days ago and she mentioned it.

You were so angry you could’ve sworn that steam was coming out of your ears. You decided to turn his good deed into something awful.

Oh, cute. I think it’s another one of your fan’s birthday to. I’m sure she would love to hear from you.

You congratulated yourself on your cleverness. It would kill him, at least you hoped.

Who? He replied.

The word was simple and short, but expressed exactly what you wanted to get across. It told him he messed up. It told him it hurt you. It told him you were mad. It told him he had some apologizing to do.

You typed the letters fast: Me.

Liam:

You stumbled through the door laughing with a few friends after a perfect brunch. You left before Liam was up, but you figured he would remember from when you told him a couple days before, but from the way he was standing you figured he hadn’t. He stood in front of the door with his arms spread out. He looked embarrassed. He wanted to look like he was in control in the relationship in front of our friends, but he had no idea where you spent your morning. “Li,” you started, “I told you I was going out with a couple friends today.” He shook his head. You turned around to your friends knowing that he wouldn’t say anything until they left. “I had a great time. Thanks guys. I’ll call you later?” They left and Liam waited until they were in their car until his voice cut across the silence. “Where were you? You had me worried sick! You weren’t answering your phone!” So he really didn’t remember. Your guess was that he didn’t know it was your birthday. “Liam I told you just the other day that I was going out for brunch on my birthday.” He stared at you blankly and ran over to the calendar, pointing at the date. “It’s not your birthday!” he fumed. “Liam, I know my own birthday.” His face crumbled as he realized you were right. He walked over to you in shame. He reached for your hands but you pulled them away and fled from the room.