You break up with him for good

1D PREF You break up with him for good...

Note: [requested] This is just the direct events before/during the break up, obviously there would have been huge build up for weeks/months before the actual break up, I just haven't mentioned anything of it because these preferences are already ridiculously as is. Enjoy!

Harry: Harry's phone vibrates on the seat next to you, and you call to your boyfriend whose cooking in the kitchen, "You've got a text babe!". "It'll be Louis," he calls back, "Will you read it out to me please? My hands are covered in flour,". You unlock the phone and open the text - you stare at it blankly. "Well, what's it say?" Harry shouts again, being impatient and sticking his head through the kitchen doorway to look at you. You clear your throat, "Well... Courtney wants to thank you for last night and tell you how gutted she was you had to cut it short. She also wants to know if you two are still on for tomorrow night?" you synopsise the text in a monotonal voice, "Oh, and she attached a photo of the two of you in a rather... compromising position,". You look up to see Harry's eyes widen as he walks slowly into the room, "Shall I text her back for you? Let her know you can make tomorrow? And every other day and night there is too!" you add sarcastically. He opens his arms wide in surrender, "Babe," he whispers, "I can explain...,". "Really?" you laugh, jumping to your feet and throwing the phone down back onto the settee, "There's no need to explain - I told you after I caught you last time you had one more chance, and you've blown it Harry, we're over,". You turn on your heel heading towards the bedroom, but Harry's hand on your wrist pulls you back. "Please, you don't mean that, I need you, please don't leave me," he begs. Watching him breakdown in front of you, your expression softens slightly, "Can I ask you one thing? And I want an honest answer. 100% truth," you ask quietly, pulling your hand gently out of his grasp. He nods, croaking, "Anything,". "Has it been going on for ages? Did you just carry on after I caught you cheating last time?". His silence is the only answer you need, and you push past him into the bedroom and pack a small bag. Making your way back through the apartent, you find Harry on the settee crying, and a tear falls down your own cheek - you're amazed you've managed to keep it together this long. "I'm going," you mumble quietly, "I'll come get the rest of my things... soon,". He rises, "You don't have to go. Please, we can work this out," he begs, stepping closer. "No Harry, I'm not going to get walked over time and time again like my dad did to my mum, and you know that," you reach the door, "Bye Harry,". It's when you close the door behind you that it all sinks in, and the tears begin to flood.

Liam: You knock gently on the bedroom door, and Liam looks up from the book he's reading, "Can we... talk?". "Uhm," he shifts uncomfortably, "Sure, what about...". "Us," you answer simply, sitting down on the edge of the bed, and you notice him tense. "What about us?" he asks plainly. "It's... we've changed. We're not the same as we used to be," you notice Liam nod slowly, staring at you intently, "And, well, I'm not sure we work anymore,". He doesn't say anything, just continues to watch you. You sigh, "I'm not happy anymore Liam, not like this," your eyes start to water slightly, and he nods, understanding as he reaches out to hold your hand, "I feel... so lonely. All the time. Even when we're together we're just... not. I feel like I've lost you... like we've lost eachother,". Liam sighs and opens out his arm so you slide into his side, "I know, i've been thinking the same to be honest. I, I think maybe we just... settled? And that was never going to keep us happy forever,". You nod, "We were best friends before this... Do you think, we might be able to just, you know, go back to that?" you sniff, "I don't think i'm ready to lose you completely,". "Of course I still want you in my life," he gives you a squeeze, "We just didn't work out in the long run, as a couple,". You laugh slightly, "Well at least we can say we tried," you sigh again, "You know Liam, I'll always care about you,". He turns his head so he can look down at you, "And i'll always love you (Y/N)... just won't be in love with you anymore," you smile as he presses a light kiss to your forehead. You get up from the bed and start packing some things into an overnight bag. Liam frowns, watching you, "You don't have to leave right now... You can stay here until you find another place,". "No," you smile - your first proper smile in a long time, "I should go, makes it more official..." you pause midway through packing, struggling to find the right words, "Just... Thanks Liam,".