He tries to scare your hiccups away

Liam: “Liam – hic – where’d you go?” you said, suppressing another wave of hiccups.  “I swear to God – hic – you were just here a minute ago…” You peered around the corner into the living room.  Not finding him there, you turned, wondering where he got off to.  “AH!” you screeched, coming nose to nose with a Liam’s impression of King Kong.  “What are you doing?!” you demanded clutching your chest and slumping against the wall, grinning slightly.  “Did it work?!” he asked eagerly.  “What?” you asked confused.  “Scaring you will make your hiccups go away!” he pointed out.  But just then, another “Hic!” escaped you lips.  “Sometimes,” he said, raising his eyebrows, giving you an apologetic expression.

Niall: You walked down the hall, the soft hichichic of your hiccupping keeping time with your footsteps.  You folded your laundry into the basket, glancing at the door.  Where was Niall?  You looked at the clock.  He should’ve been home ten minutes ago.  Ten minutes isn’t anything to worry about, you reasoned, picking up the laundry basket and heading to the hall closet.  Unfortunately, you didn’t know a cute, blond Irishman already hid there, waiting.  You pulled the door open carelessly, screeching when he shouted, “HEY!”  Dropping the basket, spilling clean clothes all over the floor, you screamed, “What the–?”  But Niall wasn’t listening, he wrapped his arms around you, saying, “Sorry babe!  I didn’t mean to scare you that bad!”  You could see he was on the verge of laughing.  Grinning embarrassedly, you pushed him away, picking the clothes off the floor.  “It looks like your hiccups are gone!” he reasoned cheerfully.  “You want a cookie?” you said sarcastically.  “Sure!”  “Here you can have these while I go make some!”  You winked, handing off the basket of wrinkled clothes, earning a groan from Ni.

Harry: Your body lurched a little every time you hiccupped, making it hard for both you and Harry to watch the movie.  “Hic!” you cried, Harry rolling his eyes and grinning.  “Dammit…” you mumbled, pushing yourself off the couch and heading for the kitchen.  You filled a glass with water and raised it to your lips.  “BOO!” a voice shouted behind you, causing you to jump two feet in the air, water spilling down and clattering to the floor.  “What the hell, Styles?” you say, turning and shoving him.  But he was laughing.  “Your hiccups gone?” he asked cheekily.  You waited… and waited… and waited.  Slowly, you grinned, looked at him.  “Great!” he exclaimed, reaching out and clasping you to him.  “Because we’ve got more important things to do,” he purred, winking.

Louis: You sat on the couch, trying to read.  It was a struggle credited to your perpetual hiccupping.  But you’d just gotten to the part where Charlie was getting back from his sister’s graduation, in the car with his horrible cousins from Ohio, when you heard the door slam shut.  “Louis – hic – is that you?  I didn’t even know you’d left – AH!” you shrieked, hurling the book at the massive black gorilla positioned in the doorway.  Muffled laughter was coming from under the rubber mask.  “Lou-?  Hic – what?!”  He removed the mask, doubled over laughing.  “Oh – my – God.  Your f-face!” he choked out.  You crossed your arms, still hiccupping violently.  Straightening up, he took a deep breath, steadying himself.  “I’m sorry,” he said wiping his eyes.  “I was just trying to scare them out of you!” You hiccupped again, raising an eyebrow.  “Sorry,” he managed out before cracking up again.  “It’s not funny – hic,” you said, grinning reluctantly and walking over to hug him in his ridiculous, hairy costume.

Zayn: “Hichichic.”  Hiccups made it difficult to put make up on, blotting concealer on your nose and smearing eyeliner up to your eyebrows.  “Babe, we’re gonna be late!” Zayn called up to you in his lazy accent.  You sighed.  “Com – hic – ing!” you called.  You tied the necklace behind your head and slipped your earrings in.  You stumbled down the stairs, hiccupping occasionally.  You reached the door pausing, looking around.  “Zayn?” you said softly.  “I thought we had to – hic – go?”  You felt two hands squeeze you around the middle.  “Boo,” a rough voice hissed in your ear.  You smirked to yourself, turning in his arms.  “Oh, baby.  I don’t think you even tried,” you cooed drowsily.  “Hm… do you hear that?”  You were silent.  “What?” you finally said.  “Hiccups?” he reminded you.  A wide smile broke out across your face.  “How do you do it?” you giggled.  He shrugged, kissing your nose.  “Let’s go!”

——————